Very basic starting point

Hi all,
first of all, let me introduce myself.
My name is Maurizio, from Italy, and I hope you'll excuse me for my bad english.
I'm a .Net developer, I prefer VB.Net.
Now I would like to start playing around the CasparCG world, due to the fact that my company is a little software house that developes broadcaster oriented software.
I'm trying to use the CasparObjects library to drive the CasparCG server, and all seems to work right.
Now, my first question.
I would like to try a very simple Crawler template.
I should be able to
-load the template
-pass the text to show to the template,
-play the template
and all the tasks seem to be simple

The template should play the text just once and then stop the crawl
Is there a free template, somewhere on the web, that works like I need of?
It would be great if I'll be able to read the .as file too, so I'll be able to learn something about the script Language.
Thanks in advance
Maurizio

Re: Very basic starting point

You can try with this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkpfl1k8c63u1 ... l.zip?dl=0 You need to download an install the GreenSock AS3 library: https://greensock.com/gsap-as for it to work, because without it it's very hard to make a crawl smooth. In general crawls are the most tricky stuff in Flash.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests

didi,
thanks for your help.
Unfortunatelly, I'm still not able to use the two files. I can't install the Caspar Template Generator to my Flash Professional bt Extension Manager, and I don't know why (a Flash 11 or later required message is shown, but I'm working with a ver. 15)
I'm trying to use the FlashDevelop, but no results.
Anyway, I don't give up

It seems you have to install flash first.
You need the version with the ACTIVEX, you will get it from here
https://get.adobe.com/de/flashplayer/otherversions/
Choose your system and then choose version for internet explorer/activex

To install template generator use the following software:
http://install.anastasiy.com/

Also important is to deavtivate ClearType, (google "deactivate ClearType") to avoid problems with Key Signals.
Good luck
P.

Hi peter,
thanks for the answer.
The Extension manager says that I need of flash 11 or later, does it mind the "flash player"?
anyway, I've tried to install it, but the edge has already installed the player (I'm working on a Win10 system).
I've also tried to install via anastaisy software, but it doesn't work.
I'll try soon on a Win7 system.

[Edit]
I've also tried on a Win7 pro 64 bit system.
I obtain the same error when I try to install the Template Generator via Extension Manager.
A Flash version 11 or later is required.
If I try to use the anastaisy installer, I obtain an error when the software starts, that sound like
Unable to start the application correctly, error 0x0c000007b

Thanks again
Maurizio

peter, thanks again.
I've the Flash 2015 installed, that is the only software I'm using.
I've never seen the Adobe Flash software before, so I've asked to my collegue to work on it.
Actually the Extension managerr by anastaisy has worked on a Win10 system with the Animate 2017 installed.
I'm trying to use that software.

didikunz wrote:You can try with this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkpfl1k8c63u1 ... l.zip?dl=0
Didi,
I'm not able to make it working.
I've tried to "compile" the project, and the .ft file is done, by using Adobe Animate 2017 and by add a reference to the GreenSock swc library.
I've started your CapsarObject tutorial software, then I've loaded the template to the casparCG server, with the four params as required.
Text ="MyText"
Speed="2"
Loop="3"
Delay="3"

but when I start the template, nothing happends, the screen is still black

Sorry to give you a lot of noises.
The problem running the template should be that a class is not found.
In the log file I found:

Code: Select all

[2017-05-29 11:59:59.856] [4152] [error]   flash-player[cg20.fth.720p5000|1280x720] [error]        <invoke name="OnError" returntype="xml"><arguments><string>@Play@1@VerifyError: Error #1014@</string></arguments></invoke>
And I found that the 1014 error message says "no class found".
I have'nt more infos about the missing class.
The template is published correctly by Animate 2017, but when I run it, the error comes out.
The publishing machine isn't the server one, but I've tried to use the same machine with no success.

I normally copy the sources of the Greensock library into the folder, where I have my template sources (.fla and .as files) so that it gets included durring complie (its a folder named "com" and all subfolders). I never tried the .swc version. Maybe that does the trick...
Didi Kunz

Very hard to do without a basic knwoledge about Animate CC.
I can't find the "text" object to read its properties.
I have two levels, the first called "Bar" and the second "Text". The second level, where I suppouse to find the "text" object, seems to be empty, so I can't know what is the used font.

Ok, found the mcCrawl class that extends the MovieClip one.
The mcCrawl has a TextField property.
The TextField uses a "stragne" font type, I've tried to embed it into my .ft file, but still no text appears.
I've then changed the Font to a Microsoft Sans Serif, just to be sure to have the font installed in my pc, but nothing changes.

Hi didi,
yes I'm pretty sure that I'm sending the text.
Two reasons:
if there is no Text param sent, the "SetData" method skip the creation the new MovieClip object, so nothing is shown.
I've tried to pass a very short text and the graphics is shown for about 15 seconds, but if I pass a long text, the graphic is shown for more than a minute, so I think the text param is ok.
When I say "the graphic is shown", I mean the Yellow strip, but no text at all.
If I miss to embed the font, a text with a standard font is shown, or no text at all?
Thanks again, Didi

in animate top right corner choose another view (in my case Animator)
at the right bottom you can see the library, there is a element mcCrawl
click on it and above the library you can see now the element. doubleclick that and your element is in middle of the stage, then you can choose another color, font, add dropshadow etc.
don't move the position of the text within the stage, unless you know what you are doing.

i changed Didis file a little bit, changed to 1920, no more backdrop, Loop, Delay, added Pos as vertical position from 0 to 1080. So i can add several crawls at different layers with different positions.

thanks didi for your nice example !
best
p.
Attachments
variables.png
variables.png (21.15 KiB) Viewed 939 times
craw_didi2.zip
(69.33 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
animate.png
here a image of adobe animate
animate.png (168.88 KiB) Viewed 939 times

vbMizio wrote:Hi didi,
yes I'm pretty sure that I'm sending the text.
Two reasons:
if there is no Text param sent, the "SetData" method skip the creation the new MovieClip object, so nothing is shown.
I've tried to pass a very short text and the graphics is shown for about 15 seconds, but if I pass a long text, the graphic is shown for more than a minute, so I think the text param is ok.
When I say "the graphic is shown", I mean the Yellow strip, but no text at all.
If I miss to embed the font, a text with a standard font is shown, or no text at all?
Thanks again, Didi
I really don't know, what goes wrong, as it works here. Sorry for that.
Didi Kunz