Re: scorebug simple

Sorry, at work, it isn't allowed for security to open and strore files at external storage. So maybe I can take a look in the evening (europe).

When you say "hit the next button", do you have (or will have) a custom software for driving the server and the template ?

Displaying first - first and second - first, second and third - .... how many lines ? I think 8, because most pools have up to 8 lanes... Am I right ?

I general, you have to hide/show the not used fields (combined in a "movieclip") with the "Alpha" property. It must be checked in a Action Script which will be called, when you update the template information. E.g. when "Name"-filed is empty, hide the line, if not show it.

Where are you located ?

While you are waiting for the next posts, you may search for templates from user "vimlesh1975" or "Didikunz". When I remember correctly, one of them designed a template for final ranking swimming. Maybe you also will find some information in this post: http://casparcg.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ing#p11957

thos-berlin wrote:When you say "hit the next button", do you have (or will have) a custom software for driving the server and the template ?
In CasparCG Client there is "Next", I remember F6 shortcut, and when I press F6 it should show the next line.

I'd like to show only the first three for the moment, because is a "scorebug" and not a scoreboard and maybe when I understand how it works getting in something bigger.

@didikunz I used template generator from a flash script following a guide on YouTube.

edomacri wrote:@didikunz I used template generator from a flash script following a guide on YouTube.
The file Untitled1.fla, where your download link points at is still empty. I mean empty, nothing in it, not even an object in the library...
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests

In CasparCG Client there is "Next", I remember F6 shortcut, and when I press F6 it should show the next line.
Sorry, here in office i don't have a CasparCG, but I can't belive, that the universal CasparCG Client knows, what the next line to be displayed in a running template means.

I'm sure, "Next" shows the next template in rundown. Yes, when one entry in the rundown is the template with parameters for the first line und the next entry is the template with parameters for the first two lines and so on, next should work.... but it is no workflow for a real live usage.

I made a simple template for 3 lines in 2 hours while watching Football (soccer). Didi would have made this in 30 minutes. But it is only one part.

Swimming is a really fast sport. Who can type all the data in realtime into the client ? Impossible !

You will need a small program reading data from the offical scoring system (best solution because of exact data, but limited to the used scoring-system) or your own "stopp-watch-client" with all needed data (e.g. which person swimms on which lane in which round). From where do you get the start - stop - clock signals to have a proper time ?

Interesting project, but more than just creating a template.....
Last edited by thos-berlin on 26 Apr 2017, 09:10, edited 1 time in total.

thos-berlin wrote: Swimming is a really fast sport. Who can type all the data in realtime into the client ? Impossible !

You will need a small program reading data from the offical scoring system (best solution because of exact data, but limited to the used scoring-system) or your own "stopp-watch-client" with all needed data (e.g. which person swimms on which lane in which round). From where do you get the start - stop - clock signals to have a proper time ?
I get data directly from a server that uses json, a have a script that save the file locally.

Getting official data is very good !

But you have also a script, which inserts the data into the current rundown ?

I am sure, the standard-Client don't fit your requirements.

When you have the datafile, write a small programm which sends it directly to the template - without pressing any "Next" button - only by watching the timestamp of the file to detect a new entry / an updated version.

Inserting into the rundown wouldn't make any sense, because you would have to manually reload it before calling a template. So write your own small client for this. The official client can cooperate - but not for live data, only for prepared things.

Here in Forum are some expamles for controlling CasparCG with custom Software written in VB Studio or livescript.

The following questions are important for all People who could/would help you :

1.) What about your (empty) template ? (Back to the Initial question) Do you need advise or a "ready to go" template ?
2.) What kind of file do you have ? XML ? Example available ?
3.) Do you need advise or help writing the program ?
4.) When is the event, your system has to be ready ?

1.) At this point I need a ready to go template, because I'm not able to make it.
2.) I have a json file, I'll send it as soon as I got home.
3.) I need help writing the program, I'm completely newbie.
4.) The event is on 7th June but it's not a problem.

here the png drafts http://imgur.com/a/Mjava
here the json data https://pastebin.com/fSbwghVe
In JSON

Code: Select all

"PlaLane":"x"
is the lane,

"TeamDescrIta":"xxxxx"
or

"PlaSurname":"xxxxx"
is the team name.

In Players

"Players":[{"PlaCod":"VEN-20455","PlaNat":"ITA","PlaSurname":"ZUIN","PlaName":"Mattia","PlaBirth":"1996",
"PlaRT":"","PlaPrest":"","PlaInt":"","PlaPos":"",
"PlaInt1":"2'15.03","PlaInt2":"","PlaInt3":"","PlaInt4":""}
,{"PlaCod":"PIE-21057","PlaNat":"ITA","PlaSurname":"MIRESSI","PlaName":"Alessandro","PlaBirth":"1998",
"PlaRT":"","PlaPrest":"3'40.90","PlaInt":"3'40.90","PlaPos":"5",
"PlaInt1":"","PlaInt2":"2'42.59","PlaInt3":"3'11.45","PlaInt4":"3'40.90"}
,{"PlaCod":"LOM-11930","PlaNat":"ITA","PlaSurname":"LEONARDI","PlaName":"Luca","PlaBirth":"1991",
"PlaRT":"","PlaPrest":"1'51.15","PlaInt":"5'32.05","PlaPos":"3",
"PlaInt1":"25.26","PlaInt2":"52.27","PlaInt3":"1'20.84","PlaInt4":"1'51.15"}
,{"PlaCod":"EMI-15773","PlaNat":"ITA","PlaSurname":"PALTRINIERI","PlaName":"Gregorio","PlaBirth":"1994",
"PlaRT":"","PlaPrest":"1'49.73","PlaInt":"7'21.78","PlaPos":"3",
"PlaInt1":"25.38","PlaInt2":"52.92","PlaInt3":"1'21.45","PlaInt4":"1'49.73"}
]

"PlaPos":"x"
x is the position and

"PlaIntY":"x'xx.xx"
(where Y can be none if is there is the changing of the player) is the actual time.