Re: Mov with alpha c. can be run as video but not as templat

I am still confused. I used FLV playback component for this purpose and the official Adobe website states this:

Additionally, Flash Player 9 Update 3 improves the functionality of the FLVPlayback component by adding support for the high-definition MPEG-4 video formats that utilize industry standard H.264 encoding. These formats include MP4, M4A, MOV, MP4V, 3GP, and 3G2.

So, why can't I play MOV files using this component in Flash template from Caspar?

Monden wrote:I am still confused. I used FLV playback component for this purpose and the official Adobe website states this:

Additionally, Flash Player 9 Update 3 improves the functionality of the FLVPlayback component by adding support for the high-definition MPEG-4 video formats that utilize industry standard H.264 encoding. These formats include MP4, M4A, MOV, MP4V, 3GP, and 3G2.

So, why can't I play MOV files using this component in Flash template from Caspar?
AFAIK h264 does not support video with alpha channel. so I guess you don't have a h264 mov file, if it really contains alpha.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests

There's a difference between a codec (e.g. H.264) and a container (e.g. MOV). The MOV container supports codecs that have alpha channel and codecs that don't. But H.264 does not support alpha channel, thus you cannot use the FLV playback component for videos that require an alpha channel.
CasparCG enthusiast and broadcast geek - Sometimes, I do get payed for this stuff.