2.1 Beta Stability

Hi all,
I was wondering if people have real world experience using server 2.1 beta (either 1 or 2) and could comment on its stability. I see that 2.2 beta is now out, does this mean 2.1 is usable in a real environment? I am interested in the PSD producer functionality of 2.1 as we gear up building all our templates before implementing CasparCG into our workflow. Thanks!
Craig

Re: 2.1 Beta Stability

That's a bit of a problem. Version 2.1 has been discontinued as there seems to be too much problems with the PSD and Scene producers. Version 2.2 is a new version without these two feautures, I am afraid. They will hopefully come back in version 3.0. So you probably should do your template-building workflow around HTML (2.2 has a better support for that) or good old Flash. Sorry I don't like it either, as I was a big fan of the PSD-procucer idea.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests

Hello!

We have decided to abandon the 2.1 version in benefit of 2.2 where we put all effort on stability, performance and cleanup. This means we had to remove some of the features that was available in 2.1.0. Sometimes it's to easy to get overwhelmed and add new features in new versions, with that said, it's important to take a step back and get an overview. For a complete list of changes done in 2.2.0 please check out the CHANGELOG at Github.

Regarding the PSD-producer, it has never been released neither as stable nor beta, it has been more kind of an alpha, so I wouldn't recommend anybody to build things around it. If PSD-producer will come back or not is not decided by the community but I encourage you to add your comment/input on appropriate issue regarding PSD-producer, also at GitHub.

Best regards,
Armin

didikunz wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 19:11
So you probably should do your template-building workflow around HTML (2.2 has a better support for that) or good old Flash.
+1

didikunz wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 19:11
Sorry I don't like it either, as I was a big fan of the PSD-procucer idea.
The idea is good and is still relevant but we had to focus on stability, performance and a lot of cleanup! :)

Best regards,
Armin