It is currently 28 Jun 2017, 02:53

how to force interlace to progressive?

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

how to force interlace to progressive?

Postby sirfnomi » 18 Feb 2017, 22:24

hi,
i have some questions please guide me
is it possible to force casparcg to progressive output on DVPAL format (using HTML Producer) because i'm getting scroll animation jerky on progressive display

second how can we change field order of casparcg output on dvpal format ?

third and off the topic question is on Beta 2.1 server how can we call delay frames ?
Attachments
html scroll on dvpal.png
Scroll Effect on DVPAL format
html scroll on dvpal.png (12.44 KiB) Viewed 795 times
sirfnomi

Re: how to force interlace to progressive?

Postby vimlesh1975 » 19 Feb 2017, 06:18

sirfnomi wrote:How can we change field order of casparcg output on dvpal format ?

Try
Code: Select all
Play 1-1 filename filter yadif=1:0
vimlesh1975

Postby sirfnomi » 19 Feb 2017, 11:15

vimlesh, is it just for ffmpeg producer or we can also use this for html producer on graphics layer ?

example:
Code: Select all
cg 1-1 add 1 htmlfilename 1 filter yadif=1:0
sirfnomi

Postby sirfnomi » 19 Feb 2017, 12:16

How can I set this lower/even field order for PAL format which is by default is in NTSC format
because i test html scroll by Add 1 Screen on NTSC format and html scroller scrolling very smooth even on very high speed but on PAL format it's jerky. i think this is because my display is progressive. and i think every one is using progressive display for watching television.
kindly guide me how can i set this lower/even field order for PAL format.

image ref: http://casparcg.com/wiki/CasparCG_Server#Video_Formats
Attachments
Server Formats.png
Server Formats.png (60.54 KiB) Viewed 769 times
sirfnomi

Postby didikunz » 19 Feb 2017, 12:43

You will not be able to change the fieldorderr in PAL, because PAL is ALWAYS upper field first. That is part of the definition of the standard. Similar to the resolution (720 x 576) and the frame rate (25 frames / 50 fields). So to get a smooth crawl you should watch it on a TV monitor and not on a PC monitor. If it's jerky on TV you need to optimize the crawl and not the TV standard. CCIR did the definition for PAL many years ago and sure will not change it for you :)
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
didikunz

Postby sirfnomi » 19 Feb 2017, 17:46

i agree with you, but i'm asking this because every character graphic software using some trick to make scroll or crawl ( news ticker ) very smooth both on progressive and interlace display at same time.
and i'm sure they are tricking with field order to make it smooth.
that's why i was asking how can we change field order for PAL on casparcg

thanks for your response :) i hope now you understand my point :)
sirfnomi

Postby sonny_xny » 20 Feb 2017, 04:45

Hi,

maybe you can using Channel Output 720p5000 for your CasparCG Server configuration.
if your final output in Mixer on your Master Control Room in PAL resolution (720x576 pixel),
it will be processing in "Crop Center Fit", like the red box in the picture bellow.

Crop-Center-PAL-on-HD720.jpg
Crop-Center-PAL-on-HD720.jpg (22.63 KiB) Viewed 733 times

The benefit of using this method is :
- You have more big save area in your template, using for certain purposes for example timer or countdown method.

FYI, I am using this method for my several template that running real time in my local TV.

Cheers,
Sonny
sonny_xny

Postby didikunz » 20 Feb 2017, 09:19

sirfnomi wrote:i agree with you, but i'm asking this because every character graphic software using some trick to make scroll or crawl ( news ticker ) very smooth both on progressive and interlace display at same time.
and i'm sure they are tricking with field order to make it smooth.
that's why i was asking how can we change field order for PAL on casparcg

thanks for your response :) i hope now you understand my point :)

To make a ticker smooth there are several tricks. I normally use the Greensock animation librarys BitBlt object to make the animation smooth. And you need to run your template with 50 frames per second and not only 25. I still work in Flash, so I have no experiance in HTML, but Greensock is available in JavaScript also.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
didikunz

Postby sirfnomi » 20 Feb 2017, 22:36

didikunz wrote:To make a ticker smooth there are several tricks. I normally use the Greensock animation librarys BitBlt object to make the animation smooth. And you need to run your template with 50 frames per second and not only 25. I still work in Flash, so I have no experiance in HTML, but Greensock is available in JavaScript also.

yup didi, i'm also using greensock animation. actually here the issue is interlace animation jerk on progressive display.
can we request to developers that add this ability to set field order accordingly ?

sonny_xny wrote:maybe you can using Channel Output 720p5000 for your CasparCG Server configuration.
if your final output in Mixer on your Master Control Room in PAL resolution (720x576 pixel),
it will be processing in "Crop Center Fit", like the red box in the picture bellow.

Thanks sonny_xny for your suggestion you have always unique ideas for every problem. you are awesome bro

i'm using casparcg with atem switcher through decklink extreme card in PCR on PAL Format
i cannot set atem to another format because all other devices that are connected to atem are on PAL format and if set caspar to 720p 5000 atem will not detect it because atem format is PAL but i'll try to check if i can control conversion in decklink card from hd to sd

well you are using any converter in MCR for HD to SD ?
sirfnomi

Postby hreinnbeck » 20 Feb 2017, 22:56

You have to use requestAnimationFrame in Caspar to be in sync with the production of frames. A smooth ticker requires nothing more than being moved at even pixels pr. frame - like a ticker should move at 2,4,6,8 or 10 pixels pr. frame for example.
hreinnbeck

Postby sirfnomi » 22 Feb 2017, 21:36

thanks hreinnbeck, i'm testing it
sirfnomi

Return to General discussions