It is currently 24 Jun 2017, 07:52



.mpg SEEK and START problem !!

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

.mpg SEEK and START problem !!

Postby samsoft » 05 Jan 2017, 00:50

I know it's an old issue , but if anyone solved this problem please share ..
it's almost impossible to accept a professional client without the ability to assign video starting point , and seeking the video ..
whatever number of frames we put after SEEK it returns to the start point !!!!!!!!!
samsoft
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 02 Jan 2017, 02:35

Re: .mpg SEEK and START problem !!

Postby didikunz » 05 Jan 2017, 09:18

We never claimed to be a professional video server, thats why there is a CG in the end of CasparCG :)

No, serious: You are right, it's an old issue. The SEEK and LENGHT parameters in videos encoded with GOP (group of pictures) jump to GOP boundaries insted of frames. So if your clip for instance has a GOP of 12 frames SEEK 1 will jump to frame 12 (at leadt thats what I experienced with this kind of videos). So have you already tried with very small values of 1 or 2? Because when it seeks past the end of the clip it returns the first frame.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
User avatar
didikunz
 
Posts: 3477
Joined: 10 May 2010, 09:08
Location: Aarau, Switzerland

Re: .mpg SEEK and START problem !!

Postby Jesper Stærkær » 05 Jan 2017, 10:26

There are branches and variants from the community that allow for proper seeking within GOPs, if that's the problem you're experiencing.
Jesper Stærkær
Independent Consultant at SuperFly.tv
User avatar
Jesper Stærkær
 
Posts: 853
Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 18:06
Location: Trondheim, Norway

Re: .mpg SEEK and START problem !!

Postby samsoft » 05 Jan 2017, 14:57

didikunz wrote:We never claimed to be a professional video server, thats why there is a CG in the end of CasparCG :)

No, serious: You are right, it's an old issue. The SEEK and LENGHT parameters in videos encoded with GOP (group of pictures) jump to GOP boundaries insted of frames. So if your clip for instance has a GOP of 12 frames SEEK 1 will jump to frame 12 (at leadt thats what I experienced with this kind of videos). So have you already tried with very small values of 1 or 2? Because when it seeks past the end of the clip it returns the first frame.


well it should be professional , it's a multi playout + CG server for TV channels not for home use .. a server like casparCG has a lot of powerful features must not fail because of such issue , I'm sure it can be solved by caspar team if they want to .
I tried 1 and 2 and more but no success ..
Jesper Stærkær wrote:There are branches and variants from the community that allow for proper seeking within GOPs, if that's the problem you're experiencing.


can you show me one please ? cause I searched here a lot ..
samsoft
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 02 Jan 2017, 02:35

Re: .mpg SEEK and START problem !!

Postby itod » 09 Jan 2017, 13:01

samsoft wrote: .. a server like casparCG has a lot of powerful features must not fail because of such issue


I disagree, there are much more important issues for the community, you can see all 229 open issues at this moment:
https://github.com/CasparCG/Server/issues

Keep in mind that people @ SVT.se are doing all this development without a dollar of profit, there are limited resources they can donate to all of us.
itod
 
Posts: 105
Joined: 29 Oct 2011, 20:54


Return to General discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests