It is currently 24 Jun 2017, 08:03

[OT] RTX Inca... Please, someone help me ? RTX Inca...

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

[OT] RTX Inca... Please, someone help me ? RTX Inca...

Postby Audioman » 06 Dec 2016, 11:23

(Sorry for my English...).

Before I introduce myself: I am a software developer involved in the field Audio, but often work with video (my second passion), and I often directed to Live events (Musical Show), which will also be streamed.

This is my site: www.augusto.audio

First, I want to congratulate you for Caspar CG.

I never expected to find such a versatile product like this, and OPEN SOURCE !!!

As soon as I can, I'll try to compile, I would make a very practical client for my work (musical events), then I think it could be useful to others, and I noticed that no one has created for this purpose.

I only did a few tests (my BlackMagic are all installed on mac), but I was very surprised at the absolute reactivity.

I found this product looking for information on Harris Inca RTX, and here I present my problem, and I apologize for OT if annoys close the post immediately.

I just purchased a Harris RTX Inca, and the seller promised complete with all the software, instead I had only developer dongle to 1.2, and no software works, even Template Builder.

Only a software developed by BSkyB works, but only allows me to send still pictures to SDI, or rather, seems can send animations, but any format I try to insert, does not accept it.

The seller is gone, luckily I paid little, but the Harris forum disappeared, and also all downloads, everything.

Can anyone help me find sdk and any manuals, give me some examples in VC++ or share some app designed to Inca?

Thanks !
Audioman

Re: [OT] RTX Inca... Please, someone help me ? RTX Inca...

Postby itod » 06 Dec 2016, 14:06

I worked with classic RTX a lot, very similar with Inca RTX. You have .HLP files in RTX folder with a lot if information including many programming examples, more than enough to keep you going.

Simplest way to do an animation is to make .VIA file from TGA series and play it from your software. You have complete code how to do it in those HLP files.

Maybe you should write of your investment in RTX, CasparCG is far superior system and works with of-the-shelf hardware, while with RTX you are handcuffed with aging platform.
itod

Postby Audioman » 06 Dec 2016, 14:35

Unfortunately I have nothing of what you say.

I have the Inscriber directory and nothing else.

Single help file is "Inca RTX Release Notes.chm" completely useless!

And within the directory, there are all the dll also used by the software created by Bitish Sky Broadcast, but no RTX directory!

Practically, it contains only what you need to run the software (TxDIsplay).

I tried to insert world.via files into the directory of TxDisplay, but nothing, does not recognize.

Moreover, TemplateBuilder responds "Error Dongle", but this is not a problem, I can use TitleMotion Pro (I own dongle) to create the titles, but I have no way to use them !!!

You're right, CasparCG is much higher, and does many more things, and Inca RTX is now an old object, but I've spent the money, and I would still be used for something.

You have nothing that you can share?
Help files, setup executables / sources for something that I can be useful?

All I've found is to RTX .NET, and I have old 1.2 !!!

Thanks for the reply.
Audioman

Postby itod » 06 Dec 2016, 18:02

Audioman wrote:You have nothing that you can share?
Help files, setup executables / sources for something that I can be useful?

All I've found is to RTX .NET, and I have old 1.2 !!!

Last version I've worked with is RTX 5.2, which is much older then your Inca RTX 1.2

Executables and sources that I have wont work with your version, guaranteed. If you don't have working dongle for RTX 1.2 you can't get anything out of the system, your dongle for TitleMotion Pro can not be used to run RTX. Fact that you don't have InscriberRTX.chm file and you get "Dongle Error" indicates you haven't got the complete system from whoever you bought it from.
itod

Postby Audioman » 06 Dec 2016, 18:19

In fact I asked you.

I found several things but for all RTX.NET, and my dongle does not allow, and I found NOTHING for versions "ancient".

I'd like to be able to use this "thing", at least not to have thrown the money !!!

Being born to lower third, I would like to be able to form at least ones!

Certain that Harris is committed to complicate things!
Audioman

Postby didikunz » 07 Dec 2016, 00:35

I have an old RTX 1.x (don't remember) machine standing around, but it lost the bios battery rescently and I cannot boot it at the moment. As I have currently not the time to investigate the RAID settings, so that it will come up again, I am afraid I cannot help you in the next few weeks...

Something else, that comes into my mind: If Template Builder complains about not being able to run, then what you got is a playback-dongle and NOT a developer dongle. So you would not be able to develop with it anyway. I suggest forgeting about that money, trouwing that shit out of the window and go with CasparCG. In the end the less frustrating way, as RTX 1.2 is an old thing anyway.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
didikunz

Postby tsipas » 07 Dec 2016, 07:29

Hi
I have found that I keep some exe from rtx (1.4 and 1.5 version) I can upload them and send you the link.
But as Didi said I supposed you dont have developer dongle. If I remember right purple color is for developer and green for player.
send me pm for mail etc
tsipas

Postby Audioman » 07 Dec 2016, 11:41

tsipas wrote:Hi
I have found that I keep some exe from rtx (1.4 and 1.5 version) I can upload them and send you the link.
But as Didi said I supposed you dont have developer dongle. If I remember right purple color is for developer and green for player.
send me pm for mail etc

Thank you all for the answers, and the time you do lose.

I send you my address immediately!

Thanks again.
Audioman

Postby Audioman » 07 Dec 2016, 11:48

However one thing is certain: harris has been absorbed by other companies not by accident.

is not possible, build the professional video equipment, and differ drastically licenses!

A dongle for playout, one for Development, one for Infocaster ...

If I buy a car I do not buy the dongle in order to use the brakes, another to be able to turn on the lights ... ABSURD!

And if I may add, the dongle protection used is really elementary ...

Hooray Open souce: I've already ordered a new DeckLink to begin to assemble a workstation for CasparCG.

Another question: I have found that there are different output cards: I have the PCI-1000.
Positive or negative?
Audioman

Postby tsipas » 07 Dec 2016, 12:33

pci 100 is the old one
next is XD-200 and with rtx.net is a new one I don't remember the product name.But generally this cards have problems I burn 2-3 (first the refernce and then the key) and If I remember well it cost 8000 euro with playback dongle.
The other problem with 100 and 220 is that working only with pci-x slot (Z series doesn;t have) I have used HP 9600
But my opinion is to not involve with rtx I think it will be a waist of time.
tsipas

Postby Audioman » 07 Dec 2016, 12:51

tsipas wrote:pci 100 is the old one
next is XD-200 and with rtx.net is a new one I don't remember the product name.But generally this cards have problems I burn 2-3 (first the refernce and then the key) and If I remember well it cost 8000 euro with playback dongle.
The other problem with 100 and 220 is that working only with pci-x slot (Z series doesn;t have) I have used HP 9600
But my opinion is to not involve with rtx I think it will be a waist of time.

In my configuration panel show PCI-100 and PCI-1000 option, and works only PCI-1000.

My card (PCIx... in original Inca RTX machine) are connected to ATI card (AGP) with a dubble-DVI cable.

In fact I thought I can send SDI-OUT even the secondary desktop, however I understand that only plays TGA sequences, preferably packed in .via file.

That troglodyte system and meaningless ...

I am very convinced to spend time for anything, but I have this useless (and noisy) object that I would like to reuse, partly because only has PCIx slots, one AGP and one PCI, PCIe video cards can not be mounted, and therefore does not turn into another server.

I could mount an old PCI DeckLink SD, ebay is full...
I just SD, in Italy the internet lines do not allow HD.

First I want to try to do what they "hoped": Bugs, lower third, and possibly Crawls, and in the meantime I study well CasparCG.
Audioman

Postby Audioman » 09 Dec 2016, 09:42

@tsipas

I sent you via PM my email address, but in OutBox.

I sent correctly ?
Audioman

Postby didikunz » 09 Dec 2016, 11:08

Audioman wrote:@tsipas

I sent you via PM my email address, but in OutBox.

I sent correctly ?

I stays in the outbox as long as noone read it. First time I saw this I was also confused.
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby Audioman » 09 Dec 2016, 11:21

Confuses fact, it seems that we must still send.

Thank you.
Audioman

Postby Audioman » 09 Dec 2016, 18:55

This my Incriber Board (right click on image, then "show image" to view all board).

Does anyone recognize it ?

I have only found information on PCI-100 and XD-200, this "should" be PCI-1000, but no news I found :-(

Thanks.

Audioman

Postby didikunz » 09 Dec 2016, 22:25

I owned a PCI-100 and a couple of XD-200 (I still have one or two of them, to support very old software, that is still in use). But I never have seen this board, must be the first one they did. But believe me, after the pain has gone (about the wasted money) you will sure be happy with a Decklink and CasparCG, insted of wasting valuable lifetime with something ancient. Think about it: You will not live much longer than 80 years, probably 100. So why wasting it with things not valid? :)
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby Audioman » 10 Dec 2016, 10:02

ABSOLUTELY CasparCG is my immediate project.

I have already purchased two DeckLink Duo used (must arrive) to make the first tests, I can not wait to arrive.

I have already prepared a workstation with well optimized Seven (32 bit unfortunately, I had not read that future versions run on 64, reinstall Monday).

I have not downloaded the source code because I have to finish first software to customers, then I'll try to fill in and start creating something.

But the fact is that now I have bought, and something I want to do with it.

Reading the Harris forum (using Web Archive) I had the certainty that it is a card issued after the PCI-100 and before the XD-200, and it is even called PCI-1000, but unfortunately Web Archive has saved only a few pages, and I find no other information.

Now I bought, and in one way or another this thing I want to use it, at the cost of making inverse programming and change ASM!
Audioman

Postby ealltech » 23 Dec 2016, 11:19

Simplest way to do an animation is to make .VIA file from TGA series and play it from your software. You have complete code how to do it in those HLP files.
ealltech

Return to General discussions