It is currently 28 Jun 2017, 02:47

Am I on right path?

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

Am I on right path?

Postby Fayyaz » 04 Dec 2016, 14:29

Hi all Casparians,

Pardon me if I ask dumb questions as I am very much novice to the field but you will appreciate that I discover this legendary piece of software in my research and decided to use for my project.

My background is pure software/electronic engineering and currently I am working as a technical architect for a consulting company.

I am looking to build an online news channel (as a hobby). I have spent much of my time on researching different options for my new channel, initially, I am looking to produce recorded content and after some time I plan to stream live on youtube.

I have purchased a Windows Machine (Intel i7,16GB RAM,256GB SSD, 3TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1070) for Adobe family and CasperCG, Panasonic GH4 camera (I have some old cameras as well) and some other stuff for recording.

My plan is to buy a Blackmagic ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4K and reason is "SuperSource" in this model, DeckLink 6G SDI 4K.

I have got a news package designed which include logo bug lower thirds, split windows for multiple video inputs (studio, remote via skype/hangout) as working Adobe Effects project and going to use these.

As I mentioned I am new to this field and cannot use the terms (keying etc) used in this field but in simple words I am looking to connect all camera sources to ATEM Switch and connect Windows CasperCG Server to Switch as well.

I want logo bug to play/run continuously on programme/live but all other graphics will be generated on Windows server and will keep changing and adding to the programme.

I am not in any kind of a hurry so at this point felt I should consult the project with experts in the field before committing to further purchases. I don't have an unlimited budget but I can buy which is necessary and also don't want to compromise on the quality either.

Thanks in advance for reading my long essay :) if you have any question please do ask and I will be more than happy to answer.

Kind Regards,
Fayyaz
Tricastmedia (London, Manchester, Glasgow).
Fayyaz

Re: Am I on right path?

Postby Fayyaz » 07 Dec 2016, 00:54

Any one please guide a newbie? :)
Fayyaz

Postby sonny_xny » 07 Dec 2016, 16:15

And your specific question are ??

I didn`t see any specific question on your essay and your statement, I just see this smell like spammer on this forum
sonny_xny

Postby Fayyaz » 07 Dec 2016, 21:49

Thanks sonny_xny for you reply.

My Questions are very simple but I can assure you I will be asking more technical question in coming days.

Question:
1. Should I buy Blackmagic ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4K, or can I get the same result with any other switch as well?
2. Which Decklink should I buy, DeckLink 6G SDI 4K , 6G Extreme or any other version?
3. Is there any tool I am missing which I should or should not buy with this kind of setup?
4. If I have all the above hardware and then using CasperCG, will I be able achieve my required results?

The reason I posted and asked to get help of experts to setup my system.
I beleive this is the best forum and I will get a expert advise sooner or later :).

I have installed CasperCG Server on my new Server and I am able to connect and play from my both windows and Macbook laptops, so for this is my big achievement and I plan to go through CasperCG wiki in detail and sample vb.net application during December holidays.

Thanks and Regards
Fayyaz

Postby drakmor » 07 Dec 2016, 22:36

You can buy:
1. ATEM Production Studio 4K (4xSDI + 4xHDMI), because GH4/notebooks have only HDMI output
2. Decklink Duo 2 (2xSDI - Key+Fill, 1xSDI - video player, 1xSDI - ingest for encode)

IMHO.
drakmor

Return to General discussions