It is currently 28 Jun 2017, 02:51

Introduce yourself!

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby niccar » 07 Mar 2013, 09:51

Hi, my name is Niclas Carlsson from Goteborg Sweden.
I run my own company called ReFoundIT Solutions AB and is an employee of Folkspel i Sverige AB.
I have worked with broadcast productions for about 10 years on recorded and live shows.
Most of the work I have done has been done with Harris Inscriber RTX product.
But I have been working with CasparCG off and on for the last year.

For Folkspel I am the developer for the graphics application that handles a show called BingoLotto in Sweden.
It's a weekly bingo show that has been running for over 20 years on TV4 and is now live each Sunday.

With my own company ReFoundIT I have built the systems for a couple of shows in Sweden.

I hope CapsarCG will find a good place in my daily work.
Last edited by niccar on 07 Mar 2013, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
niccar

Postby Jonas Hummelstrand » 07 Mar 2013, 10:48

Welcome all! I'd love to see some examples of your CasparCG uses!
Jonas Hummelstrand
Independent Consultant at SuperFly.tv
Former Community Manager for CasparCG

Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
Jonas Hummelstrand

Postby tsipas » 07 Mar 2013, 16:36

Hi Niccar and welcome
The ex-RTX users club is growing.
tsipas

Hello From Venezuela

Postby leonedo » 07 Mar 2013, 19:23

Hi, im Leon.

Well i have been looking into CasparCG for a few day now... And a really like it.

My goal is to create custom controllers for the iPad/Mac to control simple sports boards and lower thirds.. For mayor sporting events, perhaps offer in time clients with custom and cheap automatization!
leonedo

Re: Hello From Venezuela

Postby Jonas Hummelstrand » 07 Mar 2013, 21:53

leonedo wrote:My goal is to create custom controllers for the iPad/Mac to control simple sports boards and lower thirds.. For mayor sporting events, perhaps offer in time clients with custom and cheap automatization!

RunRev will release their iOS/Android/OS X/Win development platform LiveCode as open source within a month. They just had a very successful KickStarter campaign that I was proud to support!

Ivaho has mentioned that he's building a library for easy access to the AMCP protocol:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=910&p=5014&hilit=livecode#p5014
Jonas Hummelstrand

Jonas Hummelstrand

Postby 101001 » 19 Mar 2013, 19:06

Greetings all,

Firstly I'd like to thank the caspar team and this forum for what is, quite frankly, an awesome resource (especially varmesh his client gave me that instantaneous gratification of getting a playlist happening, which was important to making me learn more) . Truly awe inspiring. I work in Community Television in Ireland. Mostly on the production side, I've taken upon myself to learn how to make a broadcast playout system, we are essentially using a VLC playlist at the minute.

I took time of work locked myself in my room for the past week, hungry and smelly but I have the first stage of a scheduled playout happening locally with lower thirds calling xml with programme names and descriptions (I'll need to buy another decklink to get a stream happening, I've resigned myself to that). I have limited if no programming knowledge, I used to make websites but could never write html/css/php but I knew how to read it and copy and paste.

I've been taking notes along the way. A sort of morons guide. The best tutorials I've found... I spent a day learning action script to make lower thirds read XML and have saved test files etc so hopefully I'll be able to document the journey for us mere mortals.

Thanks to all

PS I even spent the entirety of St Patricks Weekend (its not just a day here in Ireland but a weekend) sober. For an Irishman, thats serious.

Postby Jonas Hummelstrand » 19 Mar 2013, 19:26

Great to hear! Should I call you "41" or 101001?
Jonas Hummelstrand

Jonas Hummelstrand

Postby 101001 » 19 Mar 2013, 19:38

Introducing myself without a name shame on me. It's Dave but you sir can call me whatever you want!

Postby Jonas Hummelstrand » 19 Mar 2013, 21:28

Hi Dave! :)
Jonas Hummelstrand

Jonas Hummelstrand

Postby piotrszmidt » 27 Mar 2013, 13:34

Hi, my name is Piotr Szmidt and i come from Warsaw, Poland.

Im working in a photo/video production studio ( http://vidoq.pl ), and with my friends form work we would like to start with our Live Stream Video from our in-studio photosession productions, and also some guest meetings live.

We'v heard about CasparCG form our friend. Looking forward for a handy help, as a CasparCG beginer.
piotrszmidt

Postby rusinu » 28 Mar 2013, 01:09

HI, my name is Tomek Rusinowicz.
I'm from Warsaw, too.
My first job with casparcg was live streaming from badminton competition "polishopen.eu" last weekend. I realized 2 templates. It was about 20h live transmission, with no casparcg errors.
Otherwise, my supported programs: Final cut pro 3,4,5,6,7 (x - fuj), Motion + LiveType, Soudtrack, AE, FL, VisualStudio and more. At last event I switched AV-HS400E mixer.
rusinu

Postby Jurek » 15 Apr 2013, 14:26

Hi,
so I am another guy from Poland here, bub not (so far ;-) from Warsaw.
My name is Jurek, and I work for TVP, Polish public broadcaster.
I'm (of course) under great impression of work already done on Caspar. Currently I am considering using Caspar as a part of playout solution for TVP's regional channels, alongside with well-known "industry-standard" commercial solutions.
I'm software developer with solid IT and managerial background, but I used to write Delphi office applications, so the world of DEFINEs in C is a bit strange for me (yet).
Jurek

Postby dkctv » 16 Apr 2013, 11:10

Hi,
I am Martin from Fredericia Denmark.
We are very excited about CasparCG and the many different uses.

MG
dkctv

Postby JStrauber » 24 Apr 2013, 02:54

Justin Strauber, based out of Myrtle Beach, SC at WPDE, a local ABC affiliate.

Started playing with Caspar when I was looking for a graphics system to put in our small Mobile Production Trailer and so far have used it for a couple of Live and Live-to-Tape productions in that capacity.

Incidentally we are now using it as our main on-air graphics playout for our main studio, after our Chyron Duet went belly-up back in February. We now run five Caspar CG computers that run everything from our HD on-set projector to our newsticker / on-air bug and monitors around the set.
JStrauber

Postby Jonas Hummelstrand » 24 Apr 2013, 07:11

Justin,

I've heard that it's mandatory for US broadcasters to pass-through caption data. Can you tell me more about that requirement, and if this is something that is important for CasparCG Server to support?
Jonas Hummelstrand

Jonas Hummelstrand

Postby JStrauber » 24 Apr 2013, 22:04

Jonas Hummelstrand wrote:Justin,

I've heard that it's mandatory for US broadcasters to pass-through caption data. Can you tell me more about that requirement, and if this is something that is important for CasparCG Server to support?

I try not to think about it! Captioning is currently one of the hot-button issues and it's a huge pain to deal with. Honestly, if CasparCG supported captioning, i'd throw out our ImageServer 2000 machines as soon as possible. Captioning support actually really limits us because most NLE software doesn't support it. It will support appending a caption file to the export, but none of it really seems to import correctly.

If CasparCG could be setup with a Decklink card to act as a record channel, and recorded Line 21 captions somehow, and then played back with captions? I think i'd be in heaven.
JStrauber

Postby Jonas Hummelstrand » 24 Apr 2013, 22:54

If you get together and collect the funds for one of the developers in the forum to spend a few weeks on developing it, it could happen!
We at SVT don't have the need for the feature, so it will have to come from the community or from a company willing to contribute.
Jonas Hummelstrand

Jonas Hummelstrand

Postby SebasLed » 29 Apr 2013, 16:48

Hi:

My name is Sebastian and I come from Argentina.
I just want to say big thanks for all the developers involved in CASPER.

Sebas
SebasLed

Postby rbjbv » 05 May 2013, 09:03

Hi all,

I'm Robert-Jan from The Netherlands, currently studying. I'm into the technical part of video.
I have experimented a little with CasparCG, made my own clients with PHP pages, that works well. Currently looking at applications like 'php-updated weathermap' with Flash Templates.
I'm also working at a 'hardware slomo client' with the MAV CasparCG server. It's made out of lasercut wood, a 3D printed knob and some other parts from an old mixer. The model is like the EVS Remote D, it will have possibilities to create inpoints, scroll back and forward a little and change the speed during slomotion playback. It will transmit small TCP/IP packets to a PHP server, which then decides to send commands to the CasparCG MAV server. Hope it will be running in the next weeks, the technical part is working :) I will post a picture if it's fully working, or even a YouTube video.

Thanks CasparCG to make all this possible, thanks for providing a nice environment for creative programmers :)

Regards,
Robert-Jan
rbjbv

Postby Jonas Hummelstrand » 05 May 2013, 09:23

Cool!
Jonas Hummelstrand

Jonas Hummelstrand

Postby aircooled76 » 14 May 2013, 09:14

rbjbv wrote:Hi all,

I'm Robert-Jan from The Netherlands, currently studying. I'm into the technical part of video.
I have experimented a little with CasparCG, made my own clients with PHP pages, that works well. Currently looking at applications like 'php-updated weathermap' with Flash Templates.
I'm also working at a 'hardware slomo client' with the MAV CasparCG server. It's made out of lasercut wood, a 3D printed knob and some other parts from an old mixer. The model is like the EVS Remote D, it will have possibilities to create inpoints, scroll back and forward a little and change the speed during slomotion playback. It will transmit small TCP/IP packets to a PHP server, which then decides to send commands to the CasparCG MAV server. Hope it will be running in the next weeks, the technical part is working :) I will post a picture if it's fully working, or even a YouTube video.

Thanks CasparCG to make all this possible, thanks for providing a nice environment for creative programmers :)

Regards,
Robert-Jan

Hi Robert... would be keen for some more info on this... how did you go?
aircooled76

Postby khan_sikki » 24 Jul 2014, 15:01

hi
i am sikander from andhra pradesh of india
i am a computer nerd always takes concept and develop something for it by learning
now to develop a webtv channel solution i learned web design, streaming remained is broadcasting content using play out software, in search of this i stopped at caspar cg by google and succeeded with decklink intensity pro
Last edited by khan_sikki on 02 Aug 2014, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
Sikander
khan_sikki

Postby NickVoll » 28 Jul 2014, 17:57

Hi, my name is Nick Voll, and I am the Television Production Supervisor for Vancouver Public Schools in Vancouver, Washington in the United States. We broadcast on local cable television, and also stream our sporting events online.

I came across CasparCG last summer when I was looking for a cost-effective solution for HD graphics for my professional work and for our schools. We used it to do live lower thirds, fullscreen graphics, and video playback in a live studio show during football broadcasts. After a successful trial run, I decided to completely convert our graphics and playback to CasparCG.

This spring I built a pair of custom clients for sports. One controls the on-screen scorebug, with controls for the score, clock, etc. The other controls all of the other graphics we use during broadcasts, such as lower thirds, fullscreens, etc.

We now have 3 dedicated CasparCG machines. One is in our studio, one in our mobile production unit for sports, and one in a high school that has a broadcast journalism program. I greatly appreciate this software, and the tips and other info I've gleaned from the user forum!
NickVoll

Postby Da_Elf » 31 Jul 2014, 01:55

My name is Michael Watkins from Barbados. My background is engineering, animation, special effects, programming and.. well the list goes on. I came across CasparCG when asked to do some simple graphics to roll some balls onto the screen for a lottery. When i discovered all of what CasparCG could do I just went wild and made it our full graphics system except for the green screening which we let our ATEM take care of. The other graphics operators were intimidated by the casparCG client so I taught myself livecode to build an interface based on their needs with big shiny buttons to click.
Currently ive only got 1 casparCG server and I'm right now converting another system in the office to run as a server
Da_Elf

Postby lukeiamyourfather » 31 Jul 2014, 23:29

My name is Luke, I'm an art director working for Tribune Broadcasting in the US and I'm looking into CasparCG to see how it might improve our workflow. I've worked briefly with Chyron, for a couple years with Vizrt, and the rest of my background is not broadcast related (visual effects, animation, film). I have a strong technical background and a thorough understanding of 3D graphics. I try to be active in software communities because I think it's much easier and faster to learn something new with the help of others that have the experience. I've been using Linux for over a decade now but I'm also very familiar with Mac and Windows. I hope to learn a lot from folks here and eventually return the favor!
lukeiamyourfather

Postby sridhar » 18 Aug 2014, 07:58

Hi All,
My name is Sridhar Rajamani. I am the Product Manager for Wasp3D (http://www.wasp3d.com). We came across CasparCG, found it very handy and have now been working on integrating it with our 3D Graphics Rendering Server. I hope to have some information soon on the development and release of our Community Edition solution. I would love to hear from users on specific requirements that they might like to see in the solution.
Sridhar
sridhar

Postby didikunz » 18 Aug 2014, 08:34

Hi Sridhar,

will you be at IBC? We will have a meetup here https://tech.ebu.ch/news/ebu-hosts-open-source-meetup-at-ibc-2014-07aug14 Were we will have a short presentation of CasparCG. Please join us there.

When you say "Community Edition" you mean "without price tag", right?

Didi
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
didikunz

Postby sridhar » 18 Aug 2014, 08:53

Hi Didi,
There are two parts in the solution. The content creation tool (Drone Designer) has a free Community Edition. The 3D RT render server (Sting Server) for which we are creating a producer within CasparCG will be available on a subscription at a very low price (probably 1/10th of our current enterprise version!)
I would certainly be at the meetup at IBC. It would be great to meet existing users of casparcg.
Meanwhile if you want to tryout the Designer, you can get it at the wasp3d forum ( http://www.wasp3d.com/forum/handler.ashx?content=72 )
sridhar
sridhar

Postby kierank » 18 Aug 2014, 14:29

sridhar wrote:Hi Didi,
There are two parts in the solution. The content creation tool (Drone Designer) has a free Community Edition. The 3D RT render server (Sting Server) for which we are creating a producer within CasparCG will be available on a subscription at a very low price (probably 1/10th of our current enterprise version!)
I would certainly be at the meetup at IBC. It would be great to meet existing users of casparcg.
Meanwhile if you want to tryout the Designer, you can get it at the wasp3d forum ( http://www.wasp3d.com/forum/handler.ashx?content=72 )
sridhar

How are you going to link your proprietary software with Caspar without violating the licence?
kierank

Postby lukeiamyourfather » 18 Aug 2014, 18:21

kierank wrote:How are you going to link your proprietary software with Caspar without violating the licence?

It depends on how the producers are handled by CasparCG. If the third party producer doesn't use any code form CasparCG then they can sell the producer or license it however they want. If it requires a modified version of the server to work or if source code form CasparCG is used in the producer then works based on those need to be shared (see section 10 of the GPL). However they could still charge for compiled versions with support and distribute the source code for free (this is what Red Hat Enterprise Linux does).

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html

I'm not a lawyer or anything so don't take this as legal advice. I'm just saying it's possible to create a legitimate business model building upon software with open source software licenses and lots of other companies are already doing it. Might be better to start a new thread if you want to discuss this further.
lukeiamyourfather

Postby kierank » 18 Aug 2014, 18:24

lukeiamyourfather wrote: If the third party producer doesn't use any code form CasparCG then they can sell the producer or license it however they want.

I'm well aware of the things you mention. I am not sure how one builds a producer without using *any* code from CasparCG.

And yes I'm way off topic now.
kierank

Postby gunnyraj » 19 Aug 2014, 07:52

Our frame server is a separate application, so we though we would open the code for the producer. So all code that needs to reside in CasparCG will be me made available. Does that work? Should I start a new topic for comments?
gunnyraj

Postby didikunz » 19 Aug 2014, 08:04

gunnyraj wrote:Should I start a new topic for comments?

Yes please.
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby sridhar » 19 Aug 2014, 08:41

New thread on licensing at : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2607
sridhar

Postby nasojlsu » 20 Aug 2014, 19:26

Hello everyone!

I'm Jason White and I am from southern Louisiana in the United States.
I work for the locally owned ABC broadcast affiliate in Baton Rouge.
I enjoy programming and have created multiple applications for our facility.

I learned about CasparCG from our IT guru here and was instantly hooked. I have a couple of solutions that I would like to upgrade to newer hardware and c# coding. And I hope to use the Caspar engine for the down and dirty work.

First project will be a simple record and playback GUI that our weather guys will be able to remotely control for weather cut-ins on our Weather digital sub-channel. I plan to use vimlesh application as a guide for getting some recording and playlist action going. But I will be writing it in c#.

Next I want to create a new machine for our Emergency Alert System on our low-power station. It will replace an old Pinnacle Dekocast. I wrote an application in VB on the dekocast for catching emergency alerts and then triggering a lower 3rd crawl. With our low-power station's transition to digital, a new solution for performing this task will be needed.

And then a project to re-implement my first video server application. A completely automatic record and playback solution for our News-Repeat sub-channel. This would replace an old VB 6 and C program that I created back in the day that was running on a old Grassvalley Profile video server. Though we currently have another solution in place, it is not in HD. Not to say that any of our sub-channels will be going to HD any time soon, as it would literally take an act of Congress. It would be a nice project and would have to meet some Closed Captioning requirements. Perhaps a chance to work with you guys for some CC action?

Anyway. It's a lot, but this is what I do all day.

Thanks for all of y'all hard work. And I look forward to figuring these things out and hopefully contributing.

Regards.
nasojlsu

Postby Wizmaub » 22 Feb 2015, 19:02

Hi guys,

Wizmaub from France here. This topic seems kinda dead, but as I just joined, I wanted to hop in and say hello to everyone.

Looking forward to spending good times here!

télécharger album niska
Last edited by Wizmaub on 16 Jun 2016, 11:05, edited 5 times in total.
Wizmaub

Postby mcdikki » 22 Feb 2015, 19:18

Hi and welcome to the ccg forum.

What are you doing with casparCG or why are you interested in it?

Cheers
mcdikki
sublan.tv - Wir teilen Begeisterung
mcdikki

Postby balte » 22 Feb 2015, 22:26

Since I haven't posted on this thread yet:

My name is Balte de Wit and I live in the Netherlands. For the past two years or so I've been working voluntarily at a new broadcaster, called RTV SLOGO, that broadcasts on cable locally and can be viewed via internet stream too. The broadcaster is funded by the government hence it's public.

I've never done anything broadcasting related apart from making a few short videos so I was familiar with consumer cameras and NLEs. I'm only 16 years old (turning 17 in a few weeks) so I've never really had the chance to do anything before this either haha. I have a small background in programming with Lua and web based languages like php, javascript, HTML and CSS and im a fast learner so the transition to C# wasn't too hard.

I found CasparCG while I was searching for a way to do live graphics input and rtmp streaming.

RTV SLOGO is currently using scala infochannel as its play out software but it causes more trouble than good to be honest. Therefore I decided to develop alternative play out software in HTML and JavaScript. I was never very happy with the lack of "broadcast compatability" of that solution so when I learned about CasparCG I immediately thought it would be a great solution. A version with basic functionality is ready for final testing and then for use as a 24/7 playout solution.

Scheduling is done via a website, a program picks up the schedule and sends out commands to CasparCG, Caspar then displays HTML templates as infochannel and plays videoclips, video streams, audio streams and music.
CasparCG enthusiast and broadcast geek - Sometimes, I do get payed for this stuff.
balte

Postby imorrish » 26 Feb 2015, 05:03

Hi,
Ian Morrish from Wellington, New Zealand. I look after the TV team for http://arisechurch.com mostly directing and camera operating but a geek at heart so really got excited when I found CasparCG was both open source and built on .Net (I worked at Microsoft for 10 years, but please don't hold that against me).

Looking at using CG for video payout rather than using traditional presentation software which feeds our Blackmagic ATEM.
Also looking at front row monitor overlay of time, countdown and speaker prompts.

Learning curve has been steep but enjoyable. Seeing as I don't have BMD gear at home I made a little AB style switcher with a midi device and JustMacros to control CG. Goal is to get it up to the same level of functionality as DJ type software. This was my first cut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDrgJjH4nNE but getting better all the time.
Thinking of moving to Node.JS for automation but that is another learning curve...
imorrish

Postby hughdemand » 07 May 2015, 17:05

Hi

I am Whit Prophet from Brockville, ON, Canada.

An old retired guy involved in streaming hockey games for our league. Directly involved with the production of our games here in Brockville.

Utilized a Tricaster Studio in SD for the past 5 years. Now moving up to HD.
I have;

• a BM ATEM TVS
  • licence for vMix HD

Will attempt to learn CasparCG basics with a goal of utilizing it for lower thirds, scorebar, clock and would love Instant replays & slomo.

Hope the learning curve isn't too steep.

Thanks

Whit

PS Saw your comment to a registrant who failed initially to give his name and you asked if he should be called 41 or 1001001. What is the relationship between Halloween and Christmas ?
hughdemand

Postby didikunz » 07 May 2015, 17:09

hughdemand wrote:What is the relationship between Halloween and Christmas ?

What is it? Am I too stupid to get that joke? :)
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby hughdemand » 07 May 2015, 17:22

OCT 31=DEC 25

All right I am an old guy, maybe it was funny in 1985
hughdemand

Postby thos-berlin » 07 May 2015, 21:47

Wow. Someone, who knows the different systems for representing numbers.

Decimal "25" is binary "011001" is octal "31" ....

Wellcome Whit. I am also interested in creating Caspar templates and Clients for sports.
thos-berlin

Postby didikunz » 07 May 2015, 22:48

Aha, now I got it also! I am also an old guy, but sometimes not clever enough. Not touched octal number a lot, only back in HP 41 days, and that's quite a while... :)
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby mcdikki » 08 May 2015, 00:00

I think this works best with IT guys ;-)

Welcome here.

cheers
mcdikki
mcdikki

Postby thos-berlin » 08 May 2015, 11:27

I think this works best with IT guys ;-)

but most for the old, who knows programming "Assembler" or HP pocket calculators.....
thos-berlin

Postby mcdikki » 08 May 2015, 11:59

Well, I don't feel old (32), but as an IT guy I totally got it (and already knew it).
But sure you're right, octal numbers are getting quite old and unknown as nobody needs them anymore.

cheers
mcdikki
mcdikki

Postby balte » 08 May 2015, 16:57

mcdikki wrote:Well, I don't feel old (32), but as an IT guy I totally got it (and already knew it).
But sure you're right, octal numbers are getting quite old and unknown as nobody needs them anymore.

cheers
mcdikki

I'm from '98, I was aware that non 9 numeric systems existed, but never knew that 8 numbers was called octal. It took me some googleing before I understood this one hehe.
CasparCG enthusiast and broadcast geek - Sometimes, I do get payed for this stuff.
balte

Postby Serge Gingras » 11 Jul 2015, 16:26

Hello,
My name is Serge Gingras, I work for Le Grand Théâtre de Québec, Québec city, Québec, Canada. I am a light and video designer and also work as video technician. I did use Caspar in some occasion as a playout system for live shows. It is a great tool! Thinking of developing a client for particulars needs of live show presentation.
Have a nice day!
Serge Gingras

Postby Rom1 » 25 Aug 2015, 13:19

Hi,

My name is Romain, i have discovered Caspar 3 years ago and i was already very optimist for his future.
I work now in a big broadcaster company in france named Arkena. This company broadcast 46 Channels.

I'm currently trying to develop on my personal time, a Client to use CasparCG like an AllInBox server:

Schedule Playout
    Branding
    Live Event

I want to congratulate SVT team for the work they did and continue to do on CasparCG.

Cheers.
Rom1

Postby sytem » 08 Oct 2015, 18:53

Hello

I'm Teppo from Finland.

I work at mid size AV-rental and event company, doing all kind of video projects. Some live streaming and mostly screens at corporate events, with small remote-camera setup.

In my free time I have been volunteering at LAN-events as technical producer. We have been using Caspar something like 3 or 4 years at Assembly, biggest LAN event in Finland. Now I'm learning HTML templates and remote protocols for server. Also the EVS/MAV version looks very interesting for Counter-Strike broadcast. Maybe I can test it in two weeks at Insomnia-event where we will be streaming next time.

Today I found that Linux version is on development, now the only problem for me is where to find more free time play with all these great things.
sytem

Postby bobobear » 22 Oct 2015, 14:03

Hello everyone!

My name is Kit Joaquin, from Manila, Philippines.

I'm a freelance programmer that usually deals with broadcast graphics automation. I learned about Caspar by googling it. Hopefully I'll be able to use it soon.

I would like to thank the Caspar team in advance, hopefully I'll be able to use your software system. You guys have good hearts making this open source :)

Thanks again!
bobobear

Postby zeeshanhasan » 02 Dec 2015, 04:23

Hi,

My company is providing support for a cable TV station in Bangladesh to produce news graphics like headlines, news crawl and astons with CasparCG.
Our TV station client purchased a proprietary redundant broadcast playout system with integrated media asset management from Grassvalley some time ago, which was discontinued when Grassvalley was bought out by a competitor last year. So we are trying to develop a fully redundant playout system from CasparCG. It will integrate with the Razuna open source media asset management system to provide something comparable to the old proprietary system. All our work will be open to the public. An initial build is at https://github.com/CasparPlay which will be updated soon.
Thanks to everyone in this project for their excellent work!

Regards
Zeeshan
Sysnova, Bangladesh
Last edited by zeeshanhasan on 04 Dec 2015, 03:25, edited 1 time in total.
zeeshanhasan

Postby didikunz » 02 Dec 2015, 07:11

Hi Zeeshan,

interesstin to hear your story. Keep up the good work and good luck.

Didi
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby sonny_xny » 04 Dec 2015, 08:24

Hello,

My name is Sonny, I'm from Indonesia.

I am a web developer and systems analyst who experienced almost ten years, I worked at a local television station in Indonesia. I joined this forum was originally due to search for detailed information about the hardware specifications and the simple implementation of CasparCG Client and Server.

I know CasparCG for the first time in October 2014 from my office colleague who works in the field of Information Technology Broadcasting.

Because CasparCG template that uses script and Adobe Flash platform, and then finally I even make a web application project that supports and provides data in XML format to be read and displayed by flash templates on CasparCG Client.

FYI, you can see a video demo of the project of my own and I call "Live Comments for CasparCG", at the following link:

http://bit.ly/1LRRWWg

Currently I am still working on the development of a variety of flash templates for CasparCG Client, short working on variations of the look of Live Comment template flash.

Thanks to svt and the casperCG for giving me such a great platform to be developed and used :)

Cheers,
Sonny
sonny_xny

Postby LiveGraphX » 29 Dec 2015, 22:38

Hi All!

My name is Martijn and I'm from The Netherlands. I am currently working at RTV Utrecht as director. I'm working with CasparCG now for a couple of months, just looking what you can do with it, and it's great! My compliments!

Last month I started to 'learn' VB.NET (Google knows a lot ;-) ) together with a friend of mine and two weeks ago we launched our first project: LiveGraphX. Our first client was used to let radio DJ's remotely start 12 video's (promos and a commercial for visual radio) on the server, connected to a video mixer. The client had to be simple and clean. It was an event for 1 week, and the software was running 24/7 without problems. Picture of the client: http://chmbx.nl/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Playout-los.png
As you can see, it is not going for the beauty contest, but it worked. :-)

I'm currently working on a bigger version for a national event called Alpe d'HuZes (Dutch cycling event in Alpe d'Huez, France) and I hope I can show you some of it soon.

Sorry for the long post! Happy holidays!

Kind Regards,

Martijn
CHMBX LiveGraphX
Last edited by LiveGraphX on 26 Mar 2016, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
LiveGraphX

Postby gilar » 24 Jan 2016, 06:57

Hi All ... have long time to play around with CasparCG and I forget to introduce my self ....

My name is Gilar Kadarsah from Jakarta, Indonesia. I'm working in Trans7, a nastional TV Station work as CG Operator.
Long time work with VMP, INCA, MagicSoftCG, also try some CG like CharacterWorks, SmarterCG. Today we play XpressionCG from ROSSVideo love with the features. Then I found CasparCG and I really like with the Custom.

Now i have created 3 CasparCG Client viewtopic.php?f=9&t=377&p=24733#p24733
-SoftBall/Baseball CG Client. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmIl3jZha60
-Basketball CG Client.
-FootballCG Client. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Iza_p ... Ml&index=1

Thank you CasparCG Developer Team
Thank you CasparCG Community
Last edited by gilar on 28 Feb 2016, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
Gilar Kadarsah | Graphic Engineer | Custom SportCG |
gilar.kadarsah@yahoo.com | Youtube: Gilar Kadarsah | IG @gilarkadarsah | Jakarta, INDONESIA
gilar

Postby jyeomans » 07 Feb 2016, 20:12

Hello,
My name is John. i was a audio guy stuck in a video world who turned production manager.
i started using CasparCG 2+ years back.
i was looking for a server solution that would allow me to interface with pr-existing custom database. every thing else was failing, or was getting too expansive (buying custom plugins) CasparCG worked!
scene that date we have used CasparCG for all kinds of things. I currently have one tour that has 12 channels of CasparCG being used for the event. We even use it to drive all kinds of things not video....
jyeomans

Postby edocronian » 15 Mar 2016, 22:15

Hi everyone

I work at Cardiff University in the UK running a small tech support team in a Journalism school. We have a TV news studio and do full-scale news production. Students operate all the equipment and create all the content.

I've got about 2 years experience maintaining just this studio, but nothing outside of that - please be gentle!

Just today I fired up our first CasparCG box as a test, driving an LCD screen in the studio next to the presenter. It'll be our non-caption graphics output as well.

The plan is to replace a DEKO 1000, Mk1 Avid Airspeed and a ControlAir PC with CasparCG over the next year or so.

We use Avid iNews 3.3 as our NRCS, and the next major project for us is to start scraping the DEKO production cues from run orders so we can do captions, then eventually playout as well.

I'll keep my questions to the relevant thread, but if anyone has got an iNews > Caspar Rundown generator and sees this; we really, really need to talk.
edocronian

Postby wanzul69 » 16 Mar 2016, 23:44

Hi everyone. Greetings from Malaysia.

My name is Wan zulkifli wan yaacob. I'm in broadcasting world since 2000. As a technical person in MCR, News studio environment. Bump in Caspar CG back in 2009 until now i'm using this server just for gfx and video playout through Decklink HD extreme 3D card. Very robust system compared to proprietary software that i've used before. Love it since the first use. Thank you SVT and Caspar CG team. You are awesome guys.

Best regards
wanzul69
wanzul69

PreviousNext

Return to General discussions