It is currently 24 Jun 2017, 07:51

Introduce yourself!

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby DigitalDaz » 19 Mar 2016, 10:43

Hi,

My name is Darren Williams and I'm from Manchester in the UK.

I'm on quite a huge learning curve myself, I actually own a very small voip company and one of my clients recently asked me if I knew anything about streaming etc. What do I know about video? I'd ripped a few DVDs in my time but that was it.

I was chucked in at the deep end when I was asked to stream the final of the World Rally Championship in North Wales. I fell flat on my face there despite all my testing from home previously as we were using a satellite uplink. The huge latency just ended up throttling the TCP.

I've moved on a bit from there and am currently recording the MSA British Rallycross series.

I found CasparCG whilst searching for some sort of instant replay solution. I was really shocked at the price of these EVS things, I'd still like to know what they actually do that warrants the price tag. I may actually learn that as I climb this very steep learning curve.

I'm a great lover of open source, CasperCG too seems quite a learning curve to a newbie so I need to do quite a bit more learning to find where it will fit in to the jobs I am doing.

Anyway, thanks for a great product!
DigitalDaz

Postby Armin Hafizovic » 12 May 2016, 09:09

Hi!

I'm Armin, a software developer, designer and father who loves to create
complex software & solve complex problems.

I work as software developer at SVT.
My current tasks are to develop CasparCG Flash templates, web applications and
develop/maintain a couple of existing clients, all written in C#.

As most of you know, Peter (@Zebiolo), also a really good friend of mine has decided to spread his wings and try out
something new (shame on you Peter:) ). Peter has done a really good job with everything, especially the CapsarCG Client,
the community and just being really good friend, thanks for everything Peter!

It's also time for me to move on and do something more challenging and learn more new things.
From the first of June I will start to work as SVT's CasparCG Client Lead Developer.

I'm really excited and thrilled about this opportunity. I have a really big challenge(s) ahead of me
and I have a lot to learn and dig into, but after all, I think it will be really good
when all pieces are in place, for the community, CasparCG Client and for me.

Be with me and be patient (puuh)!
If you have any thoughts, questions etc. please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Armin Hafizovic
Armin Hafizovic
CasparCG Client Lead developer at SVT
Armin Hafizovic

Postby Jesper Stærkær » 12 May 2016, 10:25

Hi there Armin! Exciting news. Looking forward to discussing and throwing ideas around.
Jesper Stærkær
Independent Consultant at SuperFly.tv
Jesper Stærkær

Postby didikunz » 12 May 2016, 13:59

Hi, good to have a good person taking over from Peter!
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
didikunz

Postby alexvermeulen » 15 May 2016, 10:06

Hi all!

I'm Alex Vermeulen, senior broadcast engineer at Digital&Media Solutions. we are a leading system integrator in the Netherlands. Besides my "official" work im also volunteer in the Emma Childrenhospital where we have a full-blown TV station. I "work" there for more than 27 years and have introduced a lot of real broadcast equipment. ( K2, xPression, VSM, Riedel, GV.... )

currently im looking for a way to replace the Grassvalley K2-SAN by CasparCG... for this i need to have a VDCP emulator so the automation ( Primestream FORK Playout ) will be able to play out clips.. so.. if someone has something laying around.. :)

Als im creating a Chyron Intelligent Interface gateway.... so i can interface CasparCG with NRCS systems like NIS..

CasparCG is a great and flexible product...

lets step in the 4K and IP !!! world.. Any idea to have and SMPTE-2022-6 stream in and out ??
alexvermeulen

Postby Marosa » 16 May 2016, 13:45

Hi,

Am Mario Saranggi, actually am a SCUBA Diver ........(I Know right??)
however, I do lov IT. and the fact that I help in Church as a Multimedia Crew makes me familiar with vMix
and then I joined vMix forum, and then got recomendation to use CasparCG due to my "problem" with Dynamic Text on Flash Animation file.
I plan to use Caspar to Power UP our Multimedia Team :)
Mario
Marosa

Postby davidrkrug » 16 May 2016, 18:56

Hi,

I'm David Krug, I'm in the Portland, Oregon area. I work part time for a couple local government and Public access TV stations. I'm currently working on setting up CasparCG to run graphics for a small mobile production setup for one of them running from a HP laptop and a BMD Thunderbolt Ultrastudio 4K.
davidrkrug

Postby thoeby » 02 Apr 2017, 03:44

I'm Tobias from Switzerland
We started a small Media/Development Company a couple years ago. We are focused on Web-Based technologys. During the last months we had our first Projects with CasparCG and directly felt in love with it. The flexibilty and scalebility is fantastic. We will definetly produce more stuff with caspar. Currently we mostly integrate fully automated solutions for our customers (connecting APIs to our Client-Software) but there are a lots of other use-cases out there and we will love to find new ways to share them.
thoeby

Previous

Return to General discussions