It is currently 24 Jun 2017, 08:00

FLV rendering options from Adobe AE

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

Postby dangb » 11 Jul 2016, 22:16

Hi all,

Very new to CasperCG and Abobe cloud too!

Great bit of software I must say! before finding this I've been using static vb.net winforms to show data. Casper will be a Massive step up in terms of output quality so thank you for making it free to use!

Over the last two days I've formed a test template for a results table with an alpha channel for live video in the background following a few rough guides online with the following work flow;
-formed a mock up in Photoshop.
-transferred the elements into After Effects
-used AE to form the background animation effects.
-attempted to render to flv and maintain the alpha channel (failed!!)
-imported the. flv file into CC Animate.
-add Casper template and add dynamic text elements
-render the template and test.

I suspect I'll not be able to get hold of CS4/5 etc , so wondering if anyone had any ideas how to get around this AE rendering to flv issue to maintain the alpha channel?

many thanks for any advice!

Dan
dangb

Re: FLV rendering options from Adobe AE

Postby croivo » 12 Jul 2016, 01:41

Did you try to export AE animation as PNG sequence and then to import that sequence in Flash Professional (in this case Animate CC)?
TV graphics design & animation, Sport CCG Play-out clients
Available for work!
croivo

Postby dangb » 13 Jul 2016, 08:47

Croivo, THANK YOU!! that worked fine to solve the Issue! only my 4th day using any of the adobe suite but learning fast. So I now have a fully working template with the Alpha layer.

I'm running the server & client on Win10 which runs fine - for info like windows 7 & 8 changing the system performance settings to 'best performance' aka removing the 'Aero' styles solves the alpha viewing issue (currently testing with Screen Consumer).
dangb

Postby Boriss » 28 Nov 2016, 11:36

Please help with this VIN WDB2011221A153552. Thanks
Boriss

Postby didikunz » 28 Nov 2016, 11:55

Boriss wrote:Please help with this VIN WDB2011221A153552. Thanks

What's that? Our abilities to read your mind are very cripled these days. So it would help to write a few more lines instead of a cryptic code that can be anything or nothing.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
didikunz

Postby Aston » 28 Nov 2016, 13:30

Aston

Postby Vojsooo » 28 Nov 2016, 16:00

Dears,
I would like to share my experiences with exporting from AE to Animate to CasparServer.

Of course, use a png or targa sequences is the one possible way. But you have to realized that when you will import it to the Flash Animate and then to FT file... That is more difficult for computer perfomance (for CasparCG server) The sequence is just collected to the "ft" file.
Also in case when you have bigger project in Flash Animate you can have some troubles because it is requiring more RAM memory.
In my point of view the best way is when you will exporting the footage from AE as "flv" file. This file will have significantly less size like "png" or "targa" and mainly the work in Animate will be better and for Caspar server it is also better.
Here you can see the settings for AE Export.

http://filipvojsovic.sk/aeexport.png

Very important information... for some reason the developers from Adobe deleted the option for FLV export (In CC versions) that is the reason why you need use older version like CS6 (if you want to use flv format)

One example:
Here you can see the template which is 16 seconds long: http://filipvojsovic.sk/template.jpg
For export from AE i used flv format with resolution 1920x200.
From Animate to Caspar it was resolution 1920x1080.
Final size is: 263kB.
And you are not able to see any quality problem ....

In case that from AE i will export the footage as "png" the final size will be approximately 70 - 120MB. And the bad benefit will be more performance requirement.

In case of "targa" it will be worse of course...

Best Regards,
Filip
https://youtu.be/s7rj9TJpFvw - Our system integration in CzechTV Brno
Broadcast technology, on-air graphics systems, SQL databases, visual basic, C#
Expert in Grassvalley products: K2, Stratus
LAWO VSM
Orad: Morpho3D, 3DPlay
Avid: Avid MC
Vojsooo

Postby stevespaw » 28 Nov 2016, 16:16

Would this work for connversion using FFMPEG? I have not tried this personally yet, I am not sure it supports alpha channel.

Name the PNG files into a numerical sequence such as image1.png, image2.png, etc. and place them in one directory. ( I am sure that is what you have)

Open a terminal window on the Linux or Mac OSX operating system or a command prompt window on the Windows operating system.

Navigate to the directory that contains the PNG files.

Type the following command to transform the images into a single FLV file:

ffmpeg -f image2 -i image%d.png video.flv

Replace "video" with the name you want to give the FLV file. If you numbered your PNG files with a O in front of the number such as image01.png, replace "image%d.png" with "image%0d.png".

Steve
stevespaw

Return to General discussions