Re: Simple Video Playout

is it possible to remove the media folder limitations??
is there a way to add clips to playlist from any location??
this is not good to make users to put all clips in same folder. a tv channel plays lots of clips every day and they should copy all of their clips to same folder and remove or move old ones.
if we could change this routine, it will be easy and more flexible composing a playlist and getting ready for rest of operations.

what do think about it??
i have seen in other play-out software that they can add clips from any location.
nothing is impossible

I presume, since you mention playout software, you're talking about clip servers. Remember, CasparCG is, first and foremost a CG and not a clip server.

However, i have evaluated several clip servers and only one of them allows you to play media from anywhere. Most products lock you to a specific folder or drive and many even use a database. This helps to ensure performance and isn't the limitation you think as it's quite easy to create sub folders and share them or move your media location to a central file server (so long as your network is good enough).

That said, if you are going to force your client to only work on the same system as CasparCG, it would be quite easy to implement a system in your client that copies or moves the required clip to the correct folder.
Daniel Donoghue
Client and Template Developer

Problems with CasparCG? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests

gringoon wrote:Can you make a module for streaming on youtube?
You can use the utility module and put the ffmpeg command for streaming to youtube or other streaming services. You just need to follow their requirements and stream x264 video as flv to whatever rtmp address they provide you.
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/EncodingForStreamingSites
I was able to publish to wowza using
ADD 1 STREAM rtmp://serveraddress:1935/application/name -ar 44100 -format flv -vf scale=720:480

Farhad, It would be better to use a nas for storage and then mount it as a network drive to your caspar cg system. Use something like Drobo, Backblaze, or any WELL BUILT diy NAS. The station I work for has a Drobo attached to our main playout system and another for storage. I have been able to stream video from HLS using the utility module, as well as rtmp and rtsp (although it went out of sync quickly) but I was unable to add the http address to the playlist. Not a deal breaker, but just goes to show that its obviously better to download the video.

Hi there vimlesh! Thanks for taking the time and effort to create this client. You have really helped out the community beyond imagination. I have been playing with the client for a while now, until I hit a brick wall as far as HTTP streaming is concerned.

Please could you kindly help with the proper code, so I can stream to HTTP from the utility module. It will only allow UDP at the moment, but I would like to stream to HTTP. I have tried all sorts of ffmpeg code combinations over the past three days and nothing seems to work. Which makes me wonder if it is even possible to stream to HTTP from CasparCG. Please help. Thanks!

Thanks didkunz for the response! I appreciate you still have time to peruse the forum threads from time to time. I think you nailed it because my research uncovered similar suggestions. You can imagine my frustration these past few days as I brushed off my programming skills and struggled with the ffmpeg syntax :). Hopefully vimlesh would find time and chime in here as well.

I can basically stream to HTTP right now by picking up the UDP stream in VLC and then streaming it out as HTTP to an embedded video player on the website. The only problem is that I receive only audio. No video. I have tried various mux and transcoding combos with no positive result. I suspect it has something to do with using VLC as a UDP intermediary. However, I get excellent video and audio when I use VLC to stream individual MP4 files to the same site. So I was wondering if I could stream HTTP straight from CasparCG/Simple Video Playout instead, without using VLC as an intermediary. It is a Joomla video player module and I was fascinated to discover that it accepts HTTP streaming entries.

CG4Life,
You need to set up a streaming media server such as ffserver, wowza, nginx (with rtmp module), red5, crtmp server, flusonic (take your pick) and then use Simple video playout to stream rtmp to the server address. That will then give you the http playback you want
simple as I can explain:
WARNING: Bandwidth is a major factor in this so I suggest that you use a separate service. If you have a 10 gbps line in your house, continue, if not- and your the only one who is going to watch, continue.
1)Install Streaming Media Server on system you want to use as your media server
2)Set your server on a manual ip address
3)forward the needed ports on the system/router/firewall (google port forwarding)
4)open simple video playout (Caspar media playback)
5)start your playlist
6)go to utility module and put "ADD 1 STREAM rtmp://your.media.server.address:port#/application_name/streamname -ar 44100 -format flv"
Anyone knowing ffmpeg can tweak this command to what they need
7)take the http HLS streaming url from your media server and add to your joomla player or jwplayer

VLC player is also a streaming server, which is why you are able to stream to http. In turn, you could stream udp from caspar, then transcode it on vlc and restream to http- but this would take up bandwidth and cpu usage, plus its the long way around with problems.
Hope this helps

Hope this helps :)? ......

THIS IS PURE GOLD :)!! Thanks Ben for the kind input! I am getting to work on your suggestions as I write. I am particularly grateful because your advice reflects findings from much of my research. So it is a relief to hear the same from someone else here on the forum. Thanks for the detailed response. Your advice sounds very first hand :) Are you currently using this set up or used it before?

I agree with the bandwidth and CPU issues because interpolation time between the origin stream and web-player continues to increase from an initial 10 seconds delay to almost 40 seconds at times. However, I am setting this up as an experimental prototype/feasibility study. I am sure the parties would eventually opt for a wowza/Amazon combo or something like that. It has been a lot of fun so far and I am truly grateful for the opportunity to use these tools. I tip my hat to everyone involved!

I'm from Spain and sorry for my English, I'm making a playlist all goes vien will insert dicliknk January 1 satellite input and gives me gives sailda air but after time I give an example three minutes to return a video and not I get the air problem can be

soy de españa y perdon por mi ingles, estoy haciendo una playlist todo va vien le inserto en dicliknk 1 un entrada de satelite y me da da la sailda al aire pero después del tiempo que le doy ejemplo tres minutos al volver a un video ya no me sale al aire que problema puede haber

I am sorry for my English Spain
the problem is this I want to leave the satellite signal from twelve o'clock at night on the playlist,
give a duration of four hours and to continue playing next on the playlist after four hours as I do.

I have a studio Declink blackmagic input and output 4K

thanks

soy de españa perdon por mi ingles
el problema es el siguiente quiero que me salga la señal de satélite a partir de las doce de la noche en la playlist,
darle una duración de 4 hora y que siga reproduciendo lo que sigue en playlist despues de la cuatro hora como lo puedo hacer.

tengo la blackmagic declink studio 4k de entrada y salida

gracias

UNDERSTAND THAT DOES NOT DeckLink Studio 4 of BLACMAGIC SATELLITE TO LEAVE AND RETURN TO PLAYLIS ONLY WORKS FOR DEPARTURE .
AND CONFIGURATION FOR CARD AND DO THAT NEED ME .

A SALUTE YOU

ENTIENDO QUE NO FUNCIONA LA DECKLINK STUDIO 4 DE BLACMAGIC PARA HACER SALIR SATELITE Y QUE VUELVA A PLAYLIS, SOLO FUNCIONA PARA SALIDA .
Y QUE TARJETA Y QUE CONFIGURACIÓN PARA HACER ESO ME HACE FALTA.

UN SALUDO GRACIAS

Please stop TO SHOUT around in the forum and try to formulate your questions a bit clearer, so that we have a chance to understand what you try to say. It does not help much, when you also post in Spanish, because there are not many Spanish speaking people in the forum, that answer to posts. Thank you.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests

hi to all

where i can find a sample Graphic Engine Design layout??
i want to start creating a Graphic Engine for a play-out from scratch. i am going to use Microsoft Direct show. i dont know how to divide the application into modules and implement them. any body done something like this?
nothing is impossible

farhad.nematy wrote:where i can find a sample Graphic Engine Design layout??
i want to start creating a Graphic Engine for a play-out from scratch. i am going to use Microsoft Direct show. i dont know how to divide the application into modules and implement them. any body done something like this?
CasparCG is exactly what you are locking for. It uses OpenGL instead of DirectX, but that should not be a problem :)
Didi Kunz

Hi, this may be exactly what i am looking for. Is there a webpage with info on it, started reading the thread but it is rather long.

Is it possible to drop video files in the playlist of is it stuff created in CasperCG?

Does it automatically resize clips?

Is it possible to set a volume level for each clip?

Regards, Ben

Hi,
It is a CasparCG server requirement that the video files are in the location specified in your CasparCG.config file e.g.
<media-path>D:\video\</media-path>

You could make a network share on PC2 and map as a network drive on both PC1. Depending on bitrate of video files you may need a very good network/protocol.
I'v been testing Windows 8.1 for CasparCG and video files on Server 2012R2 ReFS volume which means I get the newer SMB3 protocol and no checkdisk on redundant storage if unexpected restart happens. Seems to be good.

Hello everyone from Spain
Thanks especially for its contribution Vimlesh
See if someone tells me the forum with a practical example (it works). What I have to put in the fields of applications of Twitter and Facebook. Thank you all in advance.

Hi guys,
I'm a newbie on CasparCG and recently experimenting with the Vimlesh playout client.
Installing & configuration works like a charm ;-) but....
when I make a simple video rundown with the playlist module, the video(s) seems to freeze on the last frame(s) before switching to another asset in the playlist? All the transitions are set to "off" or "cut" and the frame parameter is left blank.. (via edit on the playlist txt file).
My configuration is based on Win7 Pro, i7, SSD, with 16Gb mem & BMD Decklink monitor card.

Anyone suggestions? Thx Mark

By the way....it's with all sorts of videocodecs & containers: Prores422, H264, IMX HD/SD, DVCPro HD, mp4, mov, mjpg, mpeg, mxf, SD or HD and the files have no black frames on the beginning & end
Last edited by Mark van leest on 12 May 2015, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

That is something which I have not been able to avoid.
And it has been left unattended considering other things required to fulfill faithful playlist feature.
That is why mix 10 frames has been kept to avoid getting notice of this freezing.

Thx Vimlesh for the quick response! ;-)
Is this a problem with every client on the CasparCG platform, or...?
And, offcourse, the main question...any chance of solving this problem in the nearby future? hahaha!
Considering all the effort you put in the client, it will be the dot on the i (figurely speaking)

For now, thank you for the great playground! ;-)

We need to check the duration check box in clipgrid. Then search the clips. Then drag and drop to playlist. In this way we get duration of every clip in clipgrid. After drag and drop duration column will show duration of each clip. Now if we start playlist each clip will show start time.
If we don't want to start playlist and want to see start time of each clip from say 10.00.00 then put this in "start playlist at time" box and click the button " adjust start time acording to ..." button.

All right. The dummie keeps asking...
ok for the playout of files.
Now graphics...
What should we do? Can someone explain step by step how you can put an image overlay PNG?

Another question: is it possible reducing the pictures of the main file? (PIP)

Thanks again :)

I have a question for Vimlesh
Why does not any scroll in the Template module? (Not appear on the screen although the preview Template module)
All these scroll work well in their respective modules.
Am I doing something wrong?
thanks in advance

i have a question. how we can confirm that the playlist has been played according to schedule?
for example i start a playlist and insert 10 clips and after that a start time for all of clips will be shown according to their duration. how can we see if the clips started and ended in scheduled time?
some times playing clips take more than duration(i use media info for getting the duration).
nothing is impossible

another question is about media foundation
did any body used it?

i must take a decision. i should select among Direct show,Media Foundation and Main Concept reference for a playout system.

whic one is better?
i am a C# and Vb.net developer. C++ is not my main programming language.
nothing is impossible

didikunz wrote:I don't understand your question. Do you talk about a codec descision you must take? CasparCG is based on OpenGL. So please explain your problem/question clearer.

i want to develop a graphic engine like CasparCG . so i should use some technology like Mirosoft Direct Show, Microsoft Media Foundation or some other tools like Main Concept. i know media foundation is newer than Direct show. but i am not sure it is better or not. most of multi media softwares are written with Direct show but seems it is old technology (2003) but media foundation is newer (almost 2010 or later).

also i have heard that Main Concept will be useful and development will be easy and rapid.
nothing is impossible

farhad.nematy wrote:i have a question. how we can confirm that the playlist has been played according to schedule?
for example i start a playlist and insert 10 clips and after that a start time for all of clips will be shown according to their duration. how can we see if the clips started and ended in scheduled time?
some times playing clips take more than duration(i use media info for getting the duration).
For this asrunlog generation has been implemented long back.
Asrunlog.png
Asrunlog.png (104.07 KiB) Viewed 17157 times
Last edited by vimlesh1975 on 26 May 2015, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.

farhad.nematy wrote:
didikunz wrote:I don't understand your question. Do you talk about a codec descision you must take? CasparCG is based on OpenGL. So please explain your problem/question clearer.

i want to develop a graphic engine like CasparCG . so i should use some technology like Mirosoft Direct Show, Microsoft Media Foundation or some other tools like Main Concept. i know media foundation is newer than Direct show. but i am not sure it is better or not. most of multi media softwares are written with Direct show but seems it is old technology (2003) but media foundation is newer (almost 2010 or later).

also i have heard that Main Concept will be useful and development will be easy and rapid.
First you need to start a new tread, because this tread is about Vimlesh's playout software. And second: Why would you want to reinvent the weel? It is much easier to write a playout client to Caspar (GUI), than to rebuild the whole engine and the GUI. To build the Caspar server engine ,multiple years of development effort were necessary. So you only could win on building upon it.
Didi Kunz

I experimented and found youtube video running in casparcg in fullscreen mode and autoplay=true

What I did was
1. Go to the required youtube video.
2. Copy the url from browser. For example

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3yE-btIbFI
Put a embed/ in place of watch?v= and add a ?autoplay=true at the end. For example

https://www.youtube.com/embed/V3yE-btIbFI?autoplay=true
3.Put it in html module and play.
Last edited by vimlesh1975 on 29 May 2015, 07:30, edited 3 times in total.

Ehm...another two question...

1) RSS works fine but didn't recognize special characters (like è, à, ì, ò et so on...). Is there a way to visualize it?

2) Is it possible to view an rtp stream? (and in full screen...)

I am impressed by the possibilities that owns this playout ....

3?) I got an intensity pro card, vimlesh, have you planned to configure it as decklink's playlist?

akiratm6 wrote:Ehm...another two question...

1) RSS works fine but didn't recognize special characters (like è, à, ì, ò et so on...). Is there a way to visualize it?

2) Is it possible to view an rtsp stream? (and in full screen...)

3?) I got an intensity pro card, vimlesh, have you planned to configure it as decklink's playlist?
I guess not for both issues ....

Hi Vimlesh and everyone,
Been out the loop for a bit, but I had a few ideas for the scroll.
1) It would be nice to have ability to control the color strip opacity/ transparency (not the letters)
2) adding the clock option to HS1, HS2, and RSS Feed like in "Scroll"
3) a way to schedule HS1, HS2, and RSS like in playlist, so we can set a time for it to come on and a time for it to go off
4) save HS1, HS2, and RSS playlist to file or loop
5) change RSS and Scroll to have color strip instead of the blue banner, with way to control opacity
6) The text for RSS feed and Scroll is bold and easy to read, while HS1 and HS2 text has a pinkish outline and hard to read, it would be nice to have the same text style in HS1 and HS2

thanks for reading

akiratm6 wrote:
akiratm6 wrote:Ehm...another two question...

2) Is it possible to view an rtsp stream? (and in full screen...)

I guess not for both issues ....
1) Dunno
2) Yes, but its not great and audio/video will go out of sync quick. Same with rtmp. To do it, you need to send the command in the AMCP tab, just put PLAY 1-1 rtsp://yourlink and send it. Might be a good idea to stop your playlist first. you can use the same command for rtmp btw, best playback I had was with http streaming.
3) If the intensity pro card is set as your input for caspar cg, than this will be the input source for the "decklink input" on Playlist. You may need to play with the inputs (1,2,3,4) depending on where its installed on the machine.

hope this helps.

Trimming a clip was earlier done with vlc activex control on the form.
It was saving a text file for playback through CMP with original filename, inpoint and outpoint. Sometimes it was not accurate and also "not independent" clip.

So a new method has been done using FFMpeg. After searching in and out point we click on export clip button. It initiates a ffmpeg commnad like this and a new clip is created.

ffmpeg.exe -y -i input.mp4 -ss 00:00:12.123 -to 00:00:20.321 -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.mp4
trimmer.png
trimmer.png (182.8 KiB) Viewed 15269 times
Full source code with installer on the first page of this topic.

Hi to everyone,
I was hoping there was a way to get the HS1 and HS2 text to be like the text in RSS and Scroll. I'm wondering if it's just a matter off adding a bold text to the drop down box. Does anyone have a few clues to share on this? I have vb.net installed and can get to the settings. Thanks in advance

Hello to all and thanks for the awesome caspar player! The only problem that i have is when i enable the html scroller i get a "scroll box" that i don't want to show on the screen! What can i do to disable it? Thanks
Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (33.83 KiB) Viewed 15078 times

Thank you for using it and giving feedback.
Ben Paul wrote: 1) It would be nice to have ability to control the color strip opacity/ transparency (not the letters)
2) adding the clock option to HS1, HS2, and RSS Feed like in "Scroll"
3) a way to schedule HS1, HS2, and RSS like in playlist, so we can set a time for it to come on and a time for it to go off
4) save HS1, HS2, and RSS playlist to file or loop
5) change RSS and Scroll to have color strip instead of the blue banner, with way to control opacity
6) The text for RSS feed and Scroll is bold and easy to read, while HS1 and HS2 text has a pinkish outline and hard to read, it would be nice to have the same text style in HS1 and HS2
1. It will be done latter.
2. HS1 and HS2 have digital clock but of their own style. But Clock of scroll can also be added in combination. I am not convinced to make everything similar.
3. Idea is nice and in fact today's playlist was earlier for template itself of which logic has been applied in playlist. Template scheduling has been done in template module. Any of the templates can be scheduled from there.
4. For this Template scheduling can be used where data saving facility is there.
5. Modification of template would be a better choice.
6. Sorry but Again I am not convinced to make everything similar.

@man1ac
I couldn't find a proper solution. But Cropping this layer from bottom may be a workaround.

mixer 1-210 crop 0 0 1 0.97
For this Mixer module can be used. Put video layer value as 210 and vary the crop value as below.
crop.png
crop.png (2.38 KiB) Viewed 15060 times

@man1ac
I couldn't find a proper solution. But Cropping this layer from bottom may be a workaround.

mixer 1-210 crop 0 0 1 0.97
For this Mixer module can be used. Put video layer value as 210 and vary the crop value as below.
crop.png
I didn't use the crop at the mixer but the clip and it does the job flawless! Thank you for the quick reply.

Last request by me, i am using the "scroll", but i would like to "wait" for let's say 60'' before the second scroll to start. I 've made it work by adding tab space (lots of them). Could you please make an option to define the wait (15'' 30'' etc).
It would be nice if that feature was in any scroll.

Thanks again!

azultv wrote:I have a question for Vimlesh
Why does not any scroll in the Template module? (Not appear on the screen although the preview Template module)
All these scroll work well in their respective modules.
Am I doing something wrong?
thanks in advance
These files have different variables of data as follows. Put value to these variables and they will show in template module as well.
1. Telegram (Used in hs1 hs2 ) -------> xf0
2. roll(used in vs) -------> xf0
3. scroll and rss scroll --------> scrolldata