HTML producer and who's using it and how

Hi all!

I'm brand spanking new the world of casparCG, so I'm on the hunt, for info, facts and even opinions!

Using the HTML producer to produce graphics is my aim. A lot of the stuff on here about the HTML producer is a bit dated and I was hoping a kind soul might give me some fresh up to date info on the world of HTML rendering.

I've taken a stab at a html template myself and got it working, with animations (using the greensock library that got mentioned quite a bit) and updating with new data I send it. I am getting some animation issues in caspar that I don't get in the chrome browser though, so I'm not sure whats happening there, I couldnt find much info on chromium and the version that casparCG uses.

My 2 biggest questions though are:
1.Are people using the HTML producer? Has it over taken flash?
2. HTML templates whats the best way to make them? I've been just creating the html, css and javascript myself, but I'm not a web designer by trade and found it all a bit tedious messing with css. Is there some software out that can make the process easier?

Anyway sorry for the mega post, I'm just trying to collect as much info on this as possible

Thanks!

Re: HTML producer and who's using it and how

1) the html producer is definitely being used in production by several people. it has not overtaken flash yet, because we're still waiting on a newer implementation that updates the cef version.

2) I have successfully used Adobe edge + the E2C library, but unfortunately Adobe has deprecated edge and replaced it with animate cc for which we have no library yet.
CasparCG enthusiast and broadcast geek

Ah yes sorry the fork got put into a PR #611, I just built it from the fork and then the PR (with my PR changes for info).

As for the link, I can't post it (not my property). but It was created from Google Web designer, it is pretty simple to make your own (actually really easy).

The 2.1.0 build uses a CEF/chrome that is to old and doesn't support transform: translate3d, however with PR #611 it works nicely.

Punkley wrote:
24 Jul 2017, 08:18
Ah yes sorry the fork got put into a PR #611, I just built it from the fork and then the PR (with my PR changes for info).

As for the link, I can't post it (not my property). but It was created from Google Web designer, it is pretty simple to make your own (actually really easy).

The 2.1.0 build uses a CEF/chrome that is to old and doesn't support transform: translate3d, however with PR #611 it works nicely.
Then I understand, thanks for clarifying everything! :)
Armin Hafizovic
CasparCG Client Lead developer at SVT

I just made this discovery about the translation limitations of Chrome version in most recent beta. Chrome 33.0.1750 is what's reported (vs 59.0.3071 I'd been developing my graphics on). Drat.

Any idea when a new beta build might be forthcoming, before I try to build from source with PR #611?

[EDIT] Having now read the pull request in question, I see that things are more complicated than I'd expected. So I guess I'll leave it for now and adjust my animation plans. Definitely looking forward to a new release with newer Chrome build for better web standards support.