It is currently 22 Jun 2017, 23:22

Can't get dynamic fields to work

Videos, graphics, Flash templates – how to create and play them using CasparCG

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

Can't get dynamic fields to work

Postby Swordh » 17 Sep 2016, 08:22

Hello,

I've made a lower thirds template in Flash, and I can't get the dynamic fields to work. The log when exporting the template says:
Code: Select all
 + >Adding a caspar component instance f0:CasparTextField

+ >Adding a caspar component instance f1:CasparTextField

But the fields are still populated with the text I've wrote in flash.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B37o9IAOl1tTVUVQTkF4ZDNKZUU
Swordh

Re: Can't get dynamic fields to work

Postby didikunz » 17 Sep 2016, 09:04

When doing timeline animations, be sure, that the textfields already exists on frame 0 (the first). The fields get their values at this frame, and when they are not arround this will fail. (I did not yet open your template, but that is the most common cause of failure).
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
didikunz

Postby Swordh » 17 Sep 2016, 09:10

didikunz wrote:When doing timeline animations, be sure, that the textfields already exists on frame 0 (the first). The fields get their values at this frame, and when they are not arround this will fail. (I did not yet open your template, but that is the most common cause of failure).

That's the thing, they do exist at the first frame. The text fields are not in any graphics or movie layer, only masking layer has been applied to the text filed layer. I've successfully done that before, and I can't figure out what I've done wrong.

I would be grateful for any help.
Swordh

Postby didikunz » 17 Sep 2016, 10:32

I found it out, it seams, that the masking destroys it. I made a movieClip out of the two texts and set it to ChacheAsBitmap (not sure it that is needed) then it works. You need to add a label "outro" to the frame, where you have the stop(); command in it, to make the out animation work also. For that select the frame and then in the properties pane you can give it a name. Type "outro" (without the " and ").
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
didikunz

Postby Swordh » 17 Sep 2016, 19:12

didikunz wrote:I found it out, it seams, that the masking destroys it. I made a movieClip out of the two texts and set it to ChacheAsBitmap (not sure it that is needed) then it works. You need to add a label "outro" to the frame, where you have the stop(); command in it, to make the out animation work also. For that select the frame and then in the properties pane you can give it a name. Type "outro" (without the " and ").

Wow, thank you, that worked!
Swordh

Return to Content