One of the great things with CasparCG is that it is free, with the exception that you are forced to use Adobe Flash Professional to create your templates, until now! Well, actually, this have always been possible to do but has not been very clear.
WHAT YOU NEED
1. You will need Flash Develop since this example is created in this wonderful free editor. The project is compiled with the Flex compiler which is installed together with the program. Just press ctrl + enter as usual.
2. Basic coding skills in AS3. The code is pretty well commented but you will need to know some of the basics.
WHAT YOU GET
1. A pretty ugly template that you can play with.
2. Hopefully a better understanding of how to create templates without using the CasparCG TemplateGenerator.
3. An example on how to use the inbuilt component flow to create custom components so you don't need to override SetData and doing all the xml-parsing in the document class.
As you might notice the output file is suffixed with .ft. This is not the act of magic as with the CasparCG TemplateGenerator, it is merely a setting in the properties for the project. I have just changed the "swf" to "ft".
I hope this will make CasparCG even more accessible than before! Of course you can use any editor/IDE with this method, it's just that I prefer Flash Develop.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/casparc ... p/download
CasparCG flash guru