It is currently 26 May 2017, 23:37

[Sticky] CasparCG Template Generator 2.0 released

CasparCG Server, Client and development

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

Re: [Sticky] CasparCG Template Generator 2.0 released

Postby tsipas » 18 Dec 2012, 20:27

Hi
Sorry I re-open the thread because I believe my problem is fit here.
I worked several weeks with cs5.5 without problems ,today I try to change something on one of my fla files and I noticed that I have lost the fonts (they are embed) that I used at my textfields.I woked with anti-alias for readability. This happen to all my fla files with this specific Font Family. This is a link with an fla file with a single textfield.https://www.dropbox.com/s/4nhsuiynh5o4hdd/checkfonts.fla

If someone have the time to test it I would appreciate it

The strange part is that all my old ft files works but if I open the fla file and re-generate the templates I lost all my text fields.
tsipas

Postby tmusic » 19 Dec 2012, 11:00

Hi,

same situation with me. After latest win7 64bit update I lost all text fields in my fla files (OpenType MyriadPro, CS 5.5). All text are unvisible until double click to text field. After text change texts are again unvisible.
I do some investigations and after win7 system restore to state before windows update everything become fine.
To be sure I update Windows again and got same error.

So, this is some CS5.5 issue with latest windows update. Now, I turned off automatic updates and everything is fine.

Regards,
Aleksandar
ArenaSport TV Serbia
tmusic

Postby tsipas » 19 Dec 2012, 12:57

Hi
Thanx for ur answer u give me hope.(I'm in a middle of a live project, 5 shows without a problem and now.....)
Tomorrow I will have a new harddisk to install win7 (until now running xp) cross my finger to be lucky with a clean install.
I'm still searching what cause the problem (several uninstall etc) my font is (Open Type PF Futura cs 5.5) I try to set the font inside actionscript but failed.My last try is to roll back winxp as u said.

Anyway I hope to managed to see my fonts.

Still it is strange that previous FT works OK.

#### UPDATE SOLUTION :
I convert my otf Font to a ttf (through this site http://www.freefontconverter.com/ and all my fla worked again.
I dont know if this is a proper way but after a long night and day I'm happy to see all my fla files have their values again.
tsipas

Postby Tom Olsson » 16 Jul 2013, 16:07

Hi, I am trying to install the Caspar CG Template Generator 2.0.1b1 on the new Adobe Flash CC without any success.
The new Adobe Extension Manager CC that comes with creative cloud have a different file format for extensions, they are now named ".zxp" instead of ".mxp". To be able to use .mxp extensions with creative cloud, adobe have added a conversion feature in the CS6 version of Extension Manager. I used it to convert the template generator into a ".zxp" file which worked fine, but when trying to install the .zxp extension i get this error message:

File
'var/folders/61/1n3hbj3x30nbmt61r425snrm0000gn/T/tmp857haaaaa/jsfl/brew2_1.jsfl' can not be found. The extension will not be installed.

Is there a way to install use the template generator with the new Flash CC?
Tom Olsson

Postby Jonas Hummelstrand » 16 Jul 2013, 16:15

Sorry you are having problems, the developer that handles TemplateGenerator is on vacation at the moment.

When you have Adobe Creative Cloud you also have access to the CS6 version of Flash Professional. As a workaround, I suggest you use it for the time being.
Jonas Hummelstrand
Independent Consultant at SuperFly.tv
Former Community Manager for CasparCG

Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
Jonas Hummelstrand

Postby madis » 27 Jul 2013, 10:49

I was able to convert and install template generator for Flash CC using the same method Tom Olsson described.

I first installed Extension Manager CS6 - http://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/em6_download.html
Then converted extension with "Tools --> Convert MXP Extension To ZXP"
Then I used Extension Manager CC to install the ZXP.

After this the TemplateGenerator is available from Flash CC "Window --> Extensions" menu.

If you don't fill the author name at TemplateGenerator, you will get an error stating this. After filling the name Flash CC will have to be restarted to get rid of this error. From there everything works like before. You'll still get a JavaScript error at every template build, but this can be ignored, as the template will be generated anyways:

Code: Select all
A JavaScript error occurred.
At line 26 of file "brew2_1.jsfl":
TypeError: redeclaration of const SOMETHING_WENT_WRONG_PLEASE_CLOSE_AND_REOPEN_THE_FILE_AND_TRY_AGAIN

Maybe you should retry the procedure. CC products have lots of fresh bugs and the Extension Manager also had an update recently.
madis

Postby SimeoneSergio » 07 Jun 2014, 10:55

Tom Olsson wrote:Hi, I am trying to install the Caspar CG Template Generator 2.0.1b1 on the new Adobe Flash CC without any success.
The new Adobe Extension Manager CC that comes with creative cloud have a different file format for extensions, they are now named ".zxp" instead of ".mxp". To be able to use .mxp extensions with creative cloud, adobe have added a conversion feature in the CS6 version of Extension Manager. I used it to convert the template generator into a ".zxp" file which worked fine, but when trying to install the .zxp extension i get this error message:

File
'var/folders/61/1n3hbj3x30nbmt61r425snrm0000gn/T/tmp857haaaaa/jsfl/brew2_1.jsfl' can not be found. The extension will not be installed.

Is there a way to install use the template generator with the new Flash CC?

I'm having the same problem.
Still no solution ?
SimeoneSergio

Postby Andreas » 09 Jun 2014, 07:29

Check this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1961
CasparCG flash guru
Andreas

Previous

Return to Tech and Development