Re: PNY Quadro K620 or MSI GTX 1050 Ti?

I didn't found specs of the low profile MSI, only about the big two slot full height gaming card. What it says there, is, that it's based on the GeForce chips, while the PNY uses a Quardo chip. As Caspar usually performs better with Quadro, I would go with the PNY.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests

Depends on your goals.
If you aim for performance per buck, you will be good with the GTX, but for a production system, I would go for stability, and here the Quadros are much better. The drivers are way better tested and are likely to be very stable whilst the gtx ones are tuned for gaming and released in a rush which has impacts on the quality and stability.

One other point to think of, CCG uses OpenGL proccessing, which the quadros are optimized for, not quite what the gtx main design goal was ;-)
So, the decision is not as clear and easy to make just by looking at the tech specs and looking for the highest values.

Cheers
mcdikki
sublan.tv - Wir teilen Begeisterung

My goal sometime is rendering an almost full-screen bitmap with some vector graphics (AS3) - photo of participant with some titles. I found that performance is good enough when I use CasparCG at 1080p25. But it is not so perfect (strobe,slowing etc.) when the same animation goes at 1080i50. I think that interlacing causes this issue. AFAIK all processing is made by GPU. Which params of few GPUs I need to compare to find optimal for me?
P.S. yesterday I found .cacheAsBitmap property - it helps a lot with big instances of MovieClips - may be it will help to solve some problems...

It's probably not primary the interlaceing, as Flash is always rendered progressive, but the fact, that in 50i or 50p it has to render the doubled ammount of frames, compared to 25p. Sometimes cacheAsBitmap may help. Sometimes Greensocks BlitMask object may help. What also can help is to scale the bitmap to the final size in Photoshop before importing, so that Flash does not need to scale the bitmap at each frame along the animation. When all else fail it helps to use a second template for something and play it using socket communication from the main template. Then also MIXER commands can be used to animate things...
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests

i'm agree about additional templates, but my issue is about animating a vector parts - background for text and the text. May be if I turn on .cacheAsBitmap property it will help because Flash will operate with its bitmap version (in case if MovieClip content is unchanged). And about non-resize of bitmap images - I tried this way - there is a factor of image size - as hard as biger((((