It is currently 22 Jun 2017, 19:30

CasparCG Client crashing on launch

CasparCG Server, Client and development

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

CasparCG Client crashing on launch

Postby Tidus_Mino » 19 Aug 2016, 14:19

Hello all,

After recently coming back from a break at work I have found our CasparCG client is crashing upon launch. The program will crash multiple times before eventually staying open and allowing us to use the program. I have tried reinstalling the client as well as the Black Magic ATEM software that I felt might be interfering. Both to no avail. The setup we have is one machine containing the client that feeds to our ATEM through key and fill, and a second machine that contains two servers for VT's and GFX.

http://imgur.com/a/xqzIK
Tidus_Mino

Re: CasparCG Client crashing on launch

Postby itod » 19 Aug 2016, 17:34

According to your screenshot it crashes while refreshing library, so the first guess is that some file name in your images, templates or videos directories is irregular. Have you tried temporary cleaning everything from these three folders? If it doesn't crash restore folder by folder and refresh library until you locate the file causing it.
itod

Postby Tidus_Mino » 18 Sep 2016, 13:08

I've tried this and had no luck. It seems to be an issue with the ATEM. With the ATEM disconnected CasparCG works fine, plug the ATEM back in and Caspar is crashing endlessly.
Tidus_Mino

Postby peteraellig » 18 Sep 2016, 15:29

I have the same issue, caspar client or ATEM control, if both is running, caspar client crashes 100%, every time.
peteraellig

Postby thos-berlin » 18 Sep 2016, 16:37

Maybe it's caused in unsing old software versions, but I have no problem running ATEM control and CasparCG client....
thos-berlin

Postby Tidus_Mino » 18 Sep 2016, 18:39

thos-berlin wrote:Maybe it's caused in unsing old software versions, but I have no problem running ATEM control and CasparCG client....

Both are the latest versions, I have tried removing both pieces of software and reinstalling the latest to double check and be on the safe side. If the ATEM is connected to CasparCG it will not open at all.
Tidus_Mino

Postby thos-berlin » 19 Sep 2016, 10:01

Sorry, my posting wasn't exact. I use older versions without problems ;-)

Maybe go back some BM-ATEM-Control-Versions for a try (when remote camara control isn't needed, no problem)
thos-berlin

Postby Armin Hafizovic » 01 Nov 2016, 06:54

Hii!

It could be related to the lib we're using to communicate with ATEM switchers.
I haven't verified this yet, I'm not sure.

There is a bug created on GitHub about this issue and the client.
Armin Hafizovic
CasparCG Client Lead developer at SVT
Armin Hafizovic

Postby ekelofen » 23 Mar 2017, 22:09

Im having the same problem with the client crashes when Atem is connected. Have any solution come up? Im am using the latest driver of Decklink 4K Extreme and Atem TVS. Will try downgrading tha Atem when i get home.
ekelofen

Return to Tech and Development