It is currently 30 Mar 2017, 09:50

Template Generator for Animate CC?

CasparCG Server, Client and development

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

Template Generator for Animate CC?

Postby westis » 10 Mar 2016, 15:54

Flash CC is now discontinued and replaced by Animate CC. I had Animate CC installed, but installed Flash CC 2015 too, since Template Generator required Flash version 11 or later.

But even when Flash CC 2015 is installed, I still can't install the Template Generator, as I get the message that I need Flash version 11 or later.

Is anyone working on Template Generator for Animate CC, as I'm not sure how to proceed otherwise?
westis

Re: Template Generator for Animate CC?

Postby sonny_xny » 11 Mar 2016, 04:49

westis wrote:Flash CC is now discontinued and replaced by Animate CC. I had Animate CC installed, but installed Flash CC 2015 too, since Template Generator required Flash version 11 or later.

But even when Flash CC 2015 is installed, I still can't install the Template Generator, as I get the message that I need Flash version 11 or later.

Is anyone working on Template Generator for Animate CC, as I'm not sure how to proceed otherwise?

The important question is what makes you have to upgrade your old Adobe Flash to version Animate CC 2015 ??

During the previous version of Adobe Flash CS still meet your needs and remain compatible with CasparCG, I will not recommend to upgrade to version Animate CC.

For your information, TLF library / TLF TextField is not supported by Flash Pro CC, or support for the use of TLF (Text Layout Framework), so for users who still want to use TLF TextField, you should still use Adobe CS 5.5 or CS 6.

This topic was similiar with the topic that question :

Why CasparCG Server getting error on Windows 8 / 10 ??

The answer still same, as long as CasparCG Server / Client running well & smooth at Windows 7, you don't need to upgrade your Windows to recent or latest version :)

Cheers,
Sonny
sonny_xny

Postby didikunz » 11 Mar 2016, 05:05

That's correct Sonny, never upgrade a working system, if there is no hard reason doing so.

What would need to make sure by one of you writing in arabic or urdu or any other language, that does not use the roman alphabeth, is, if the TLF trick is still necessary, because I was able to do templates for a client in Iraq, who uses arabic letters, with standard dynamic textfields in Flash CC 2015. The only thing was first, to use a font, that contains arabic letters and second to embedd all glyphs (or at least not only the romans).

I posted this before, but it seams, that no one was able to prove this, because everyone uses old versions of Flash. I cannot imagine Adobe to get rid of TLF textfields and at the same time does not provide a way to use unicode fonts in anything other or better.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
didikunz

Postby ojan » 11 Mar 2016, 09:40

I have the Template Generator working in Animate CC on Mac with Flash v. 21,0,0,182
Used the "Manage Extensions Animate CC 2015" tool to install.
And I totally agree with Sonny and Didikunz.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it
Hope you succeed
ojan

Postby Andreas » 15 Mar 2016, 13:29

Hello!

I've now tried building regular flash templates with Animate CC, and so far, so good. To summarize:

1. The extension manager is dead, adobe provides a tool with the attractive name "Manage Extensions utility". I've only tried the windows version but there is one for osx as well. https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/kb/inst ... sions.html

2. Download the latest (yes it's the same as before, nothing new here) https://sourceforge.net/projects/caspar ... Generator/ and locate the .zxp-file from the Manage extensions utility.

3. Start Animate and you should now be able to open the template generator from Window->Extensions->Template Generator

4. If you previously used Flash Develop and would like to continue using it with Animate you need to change the path to the IDE as described here: https://github.com/fdorg/flashdevelop/issues/1069

Happy flashing, or animating I guess it's called these days.

Next up for me is to investigate how and if we could use Animate CC to simplify the workflow of building html5-templates. More about that later!
CasparCG flash guru
Andreas

Postby Soprani » 13 Apr 2016, 14:50

If you are on a Mac:

At point one in Andreas instructions, you have to follow Adobes instructions for the commandline version.
And don't copy and paste the install command, from there.
When you arrive at the install part, use this:
./ExManCmd --install "CasparCG Template Generator 2.1.2 CC.zxp"

/olle
Soprani

Postby nibo » 24 Jun 2016, 10:53

I have on a blank PC installed Adobe Animate CC on Windows 10. After this I have tried to install the Caspar Template Generator 2.1.2 using the WinUtility. I can see that the Extension is installed, but it does become visible in Adobe Animate.
All suggestions are gratefully received.
Attachments
Manage Animate CC.png
Manage Animate CC.png (24.54 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
nibo

Postby didikunz » 24 Jun 2016, 12:02

...and you looked in "other windows" (or what is it called?), if it appears?
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
didikunz

Postby nibo » 24 Jun 2016, 13:01

Hi
Yes, it is nowhere to be found.
Attachments
Menu.png
Menu.png (25.64 KiB) Viewed 3208 times
nibo

Postby nibo » 27 Jun 2016, 10:19

Has anyone been successful installing the Template Generator on Adobe Animation 64-bit?
nibo

Postby jstar » 29 Jun 2016, 09:26

I have! Actually, this seems to be an issue with the locales (as always!). Since my system is Polish, no matter what I did: whether I used the GUI version of the utility (where you can't specify the locale) or the command line one (where you can), it would always install into my system locale, not the one I have installed. At all these instances the utility would report the extension installed, but it was nowhere to be found in Animate. What helped was:

Go to your User -> AppData -> Local -> Adobe -> Animate CC 2015.2 folder. See what kind of locales you have there. I had an extra pl_PL aside from the proper en_US one. Go inside the "wrong" one, go inside the Configuration folder and copy Classes, Libraries, Templates and WindowSWF folders. Go into en_US -> Configuration. Paste the copied folders. For me it started working straight away.
Jan Starzak
CasparCG graphics designer, programmer and live CG operator - available for work
Lodz, Poland http://janstarzak.com/
jstar

Postby nibo » 04 Jul 2016, 06:14

Thanks for your reply.
Stangely enough I only have an en_US folder, but I am missing the libraries and templates folders. Any ideas?

Thanks
/Niels
nibo

Postby peteraellig » 04 Jul 2016, 06:59

@jstar
could you zip the copyed folders an post them? i only have one german Folder and the same Folders, libraries and templates, are missing.
thanks
p.
peteraellig

Postby jstar » 06 Jul 2016, 08:36

Hmm... Well, that means that my initial diagnosis/idea was somehow wrong. Which is weird, because all these files have modification dates aligned with when I was trying to install them with the tool. Anyway, here are the files:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx4IPUd1eQx7LU80ZmQ1X3NMbFk/view?usp=sharing
Jan Starzak
CasparCG graphics designer, programmer and live CG operator - available for work
Lodz, Poland http://janstarzak.com/
jstar

Postby peteraellig » 06 Jul 2016, 09:09

PERFECT :-) works.
i was adding the missed folders and adding your files to the existing folders.
new templates are in, generator is now under extensions.
thanks!
peteraellig

Postby Jofree » 29 Jul 2016, 10:49

jstar wrote:Go to your User -> AppData -> Local -> Adobe -> Animate CC 2015.2 folder. See what kind of locales you have there. I had an extra pl_PL aside from the proper en_US one. Go inside the "wrong" one, go inside the Configuration folder and copy Classes, Libraries, Templates and WindowSWF folders. Go into en_US -> Configuration. Paste the copied folders. For me it started working straight away.

This worked for me. It was in en_GB. Thanks jstar.
For those unable to find AppData, it's normally hidden so in the folder go to 'view' and check 'hidden items'.
Jofree

Postby dangb » 01 Aug 2016, 07:12

Jofree wrote:
jstar wrote:Go to your User -> AppData -> Local -> Adobe -> Animate CC 2015.2 folder. See what kind of locales you have there. I had an extra pl_PL aside from the proper en_US one. Go inside the "wrong" one, go inside the Configuration folder and copy Classes, Libraries, Templates and WindowSWF folders. Go into en_US -> Configuration. Paste the copied folders. For me it started working straight away.

This worked for me. It was in en_GB. Thanks jstar.
For those unable to find AppData, it's normally hidden so in the folder go to 'view' and check 'hidden items'.

Also worked for me!
dangb

Postby itod » 07 Aug 2016, 12:21

Jofree wrote:
jstar wrote:For those unable to find AppData, it's normally hidden so in the folder go to 'view' and check 'hidden items'.

There's an easier way to go to the AppData folder without changing any settings, just type %APPDATA% (with the % signs) in the Windows Search or in the Run textbox, and press enter, that folder will open.
itod

Postby paolocap » 16 Jan 2017, 10:55

For Mac users look in:

/Users/[username]/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Animate CC 2017/

copy files and folders from one locale to the other,
Start Animate CC and you'll find the template generator under Windows -> Extensions
paolocap

Postby peteraellig » 16 Jan 2017, 23:00

easy solution for installing the template generator.
i was setting up a new system, had the same problems to install the template generator as always, no matter flash 14 or 15. after googeling around i found Anastasiy’s Extension Manager
its a external extension manager(mac AND Windows).should work with Animate cc to.
after install, a few mouseclicks, done.
link:
http://install.anastasiy.com/

tell me if it works for you also

p.
peteraellig

Postby Rinsky » 29 Mar 2017, 15:11

Yes it works!

Thank you
Rinsky

Return to Tech and Development