It is currently 30 Mar 2017, 09:42

Supported SDI and HDMI video cards

CasparCG Server, Client and development

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

Re: Supported SDI and HDMI video cards

Postby Jesper Stærkær » 06 Jan 2014, 09:47

tomj wrote:The decklink studio does not have a HD internal keyer, (it does actually have an sd one,) but it can output 2 feeds at once meaning each sdi out can be independent of each other, and this is why it appears to Caspar as 2 separate channels like didikunz mentioned.

Decklink studio has only 1 channel, and it do have an internal SD keyer.
Jesper Stærkær
Independent Consultant at SuperFly.tv
Jesper Stærkær

Postby didikunz » 06 Jan 2014, 10:06

tomj wrote:The decklink studio does not have a HD internal keyer, (it does actually have an sd one,) but it can output 2 feeds at once meaning each sdi out can be independent of each other, and this is why it appears to Caspar as 2 separate channels like didikunz mentioned. This means Caspar can send different content to each output. Caspar also has the facility to output a key generated for a specific channel on another channel. Therefore the 2 independent outputs on the card can be a fill from caspar and a key from caspar. The card will receive 2 separate rgb frames, one for each output. The nature of the card means it was never designed for the 2 outputs to be in sync as it will always treat them as 2 independent feeds, therefore you can't rely on them being in sync.

This is not correct, I was mentioning the Decklink Duo having two channels, not the Decklink Studio. The Studio is a single channel. It can be used similar to the 4K with separate fill and key out, but ONLY IN SD. In HD there is only a single output. As of today most productions are made in HD I would not recoment buying such a card.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
didikunz

Postby PvP » 11 Jan 2014, 18:08

TheYouth wrote:Had a successful test today with Ultrastudio 4K and latest drivers on 15" MacBook Pro. Seems to be working fine for key and fill. Used Bootcamp for running Windows 7.
Can´t figure out how to use the Ultrastudio as two channels. It automatically do key+fill Operation. But this is, what most people (and I ;-) ) want.
Will give it a final test tomorrow.

Unfortunately we can't confirm this setting running here. Tested Windows 7 x64 on Bootcamp on a MacBook Pro with Ultrastudio 4K. Although it is possible to install drivers for Thunderbolt (included in Bootcamp) and Ultrastudio 4K (Blackmagic Desktop Video 9.8, Blackmagic DeckLink WDM Streaming), we didn't get any video output with CasparCG Server 2.0.4. CasparCG Server is listing "UltraStudio 4K 2" as device number "[1]".

Is the fact that CasparCG Server is listing the correct device prove for correct functionality?
Can anyone see wrong settings in the config file or within the images attached to this posting?

@TheYouth
Which driver did you use for the UltraStudio 4K? As far as we tested there is no driver automatically found in Windows. We decided to install the driver called "Blackmagic Driver" manually.

Anyone any ideas?
Thanks!

casparcg.config:
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<configuration>
  <paths>
    <media-path>media\</media-path>
    <log-path>log\</log-path>
    <data-path>data\</data-path>
    <template-path>templates\</template-path>
    <thumbnails-path>thumbnails\</thumbnails-path>
  </paths>
  <log-level>debug</log-level>
  <channel-grid>false</channel-grid>
  <mixer>
    <blend-modes>false</blend-modes>
    <straight-alpha>false</straight-alpha>
    <chroma-key>false</chroma-key>
  </mixer>
  <auto-transcode>true</auto-transcode>
  <flash>
    <buffer-depth>auto</buffer-depth>
  </flash>
  <thumbnails>
    <generate-thumbnails>true</generate-thumbnails>
    <width>256</width>
    <height>144</height>
    <video-grid>2</video-grid>
    <scan-interval-millis>5000</scan-interval-millis>
    <generate-delay-millis>2000</generate-delay-millis>
    <video-mode>720p2500</video-mode>
  </thumbnails>
  <channels>
    <channel>
      <video-mode>720p5000</video-mode>
      <channel-layout>stereo</channel-layout>
      <straight-alpha-output>false</straight-alpha-output>
      <consumers>
        <decklink>
          <device>1</device>
          <embedded-audio>false</embedded-audio>
          <channel-layout>stereo</channel-layout>
          <latency>normal</latency>
          <keyer>default</keyer>
          <key-only>false</key-only>
          <buffer-depth>3</buffer-depth>
          <custom-allocator>true</custom-allocator>
        </decklink>
      </consumers>
    </channel>
  </channels>
  <audio>
    <channel-layouts />
  </audio>
  <osc>
    <default-port>6250</default-port>
    <predefined-clients />
  </osc>
  <controllers>
    <tcp>
      <port>5250</port>
      <protocol>AMCP</protocol>
    </tcp>
  </controllers>
</configuration>

PvP

Postby TheYouth » 11 Jan 2014, 18:38

Will check which drivers I had installed... I had it fine working on several projects in the past.

Important is to connect the Ultrastudio before booting. Else Windows won't detect it correctly.

Driver informations will follow soon....
TheYouth

Postby PvP » 12 Jan 2014, 14:54

TheYouth wrote:Will check which drivers I had installed... I had it fine working on several projects in the past.

Important is to connect the Ultrastudio before booting. Else Windows won't detect it correctly.

Driver informations will follow soon....

Thank you for your support, maybe you can also post which version of Server and Client you've been using and what your casparcg.config looks like.
PvP

Postby E2A Productions » 23 Jan 2014, 17:42

For the Ultra Studio 3D, I am using the most up to date version of CasparCG client and server. You must have Thunderbolt cable plugged in when computer is turned on. You cannot use BlackMagic current software and drivers. It must be the one I previously mentioned. It recognized the device and then I choose 2 Decklinks as my output. Splits the fill and key.... And AWESOME results. I just filmed an event with lower 3rds, tale of the tale and time clocks via CasparCG. It took me a while to find all the variables to make this work but it was worth it.
E2A Productions

Postby Jonas Hummelstrand » 03 Feb 2014, 11:22

E2A Productions wrote:For the Ultra Studio 3D, I am using the most up to date version of CasparCG client and server. You must have Thunderbolt cable plugged in when computer is turned on. You cannot use BlackMagic current software and drivers. It must be the one I previously mentioned. It recognized the device and then I choose 2 Decklinks as my output. Splits the fill and key.... And AWESOME results. I just filmed an event with lower 3rds, tale of the tale and time clocks via CasparCG. It took me a while to find all the variables to make this work but it was worth it.

Could you please post a detailed description with step-by-step instructions? I'm sure that would be very interesting for others trying to use the cheap and laptop-friendly Ultrastudio 4K "card."
Jonas Hummelstrand
Former Community Manager for CasparCG

Jonas Hummelstrand

Postby Erik » 11 Feb 2014, 16:54

Guys, please have some patience with me. I have been searching and reading the forum and some things I just don't understand about the cards.

My setup: I want to connect a SDI out from a switcher to a decklinck and add graphics to the material for a live stream. So far no problem. I connect the SDI to a decklink 4k extreme and output through live media encoder...voila, right?

But in the overview I see I can only connect 1 connection. So if I also want to output to a big LCD through an SDI that is no longer possible with al the CasparCG graphics? So if I want that I need 2 cards? Could you explain that a little more for me, because I really need to order a card soon but still don't know what to buy.

Thanks in advance.
Erik

Postby didikunz » 11 Feb 2014, 17:21

The way you described it, (as far as I understand you) you come aut of the switcher with an SDI signal, into Decklink 4K out as SDI into a encoder. Now you would also like to send the same picture to a beamer. (SDI baemer?) What you need, in this configuration is a SDI distributor to split your SDI between the 4K and the encoder. I would buy a Mini Converter SDI Distributor: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/miniconverters/models.

The other way would be, if your swtcher supports downstream keying (what switcher do you have?) Do send the graphics to the switcher for keying and split up (if the switcher has only one output) the PGM out of the switcher.
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby Jonas Hummelstrand » 11 Feb 2014, 17:27

Erik,

No problem, we have lots of patience!

If you want to add the graphics AFTER the mixer, you need 1 input AND 1 output. As you can see in the table of video cards, in the column called Simultaneous connections per card the Decklink 4K Extreme has:
0 inputs and 1 output (SDI: fill + key, or HDMI: fill, or component: fill)
or
1 input (SDI: fill-only, or HDMI: fill, or component: fill) and 0 outputs

Your options are:
  • Use CasparCG Server with key+fill HD-SDI output through one video card (the Decklink 4K Extreme is the recommended card since it supports synchronized key and fill signals) and feed that into your mixer.
  • Use the SDI output from the mixer and feed it into a Decklink card in a CasparCG Server, have CasparCG Server overlay the graphics/videos on top of the input video and output that through another "device" (see the column Number of "devices" visible to CasparCG Server if you want to use a card with simultaneous inputs and outputs.)
Jonas Hummelstrand

Jonas Hummelstrand

Postby Jesper Stærkær » 11 Feb 2014, 19:23

Decklink 4K Extreme should be supporting downstream internal keying as well? Shouldn't it? I thought that was the whole point of the internal keyer, sending PGM on the input and looping out the dirty signal on the same card? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Jesper Stærkær
Jesper Stærkær

Postby didikunz » 11 Feb 2014, 19:37

jespers wrote:Decklink 4K Extreme should be supporting downstream internal keying as well? Shouldn't it? I thought that was the whole point of the internal keyer, sending PGM on the input and looping out the dirty signal on the same card? Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are right. He was complaining of only haveing one SDI out, but needing two. At least that was, what I understud.
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby didikunz » 22 Feb 2014, 00:56

nicoaguero wrote:Hey, maybe you should know, you can use 2 Intensity Pro, one as input and one output for generating an analog signal on chart?

What for you want to know?
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby nicoaguero » 22 Feb 2014, 01:00

Using google translator, so we will not understand. I have 2 Intensity Pro, I can insert graphics into a composite video signal using 1 card as input, and one output card?
nicoaguero

Postby Jonas Hummelstrand » 22 Feb 2014, 01:28

nicoaguero wrote:I have 2 Intensity Pro, I can insert graphics into a composite video signal using 1 card as input, and one output card?

Yes, that is correct.
Jonas Hummelstrand

Jonas Hummelstrand

Postby nicoaguero » 22 Feb 2014, 01:30

Tomorrow I get the cards. I'll try and tell you as I was!
nicoaguero

Postby drossel » 24 Feb 2014, 16:09

Hi to everyone!
I just wonder if I could use caspar only as internal keying soft. I mean i can get the program signal in via decklink and send only one signal (program with graphics) to out. Therefore I could save costly inputs in my swither and not use one sdi for fill and one sdi for key. how do you think, does it make any sense?
drossel

Postby mcdikki » 24 Feb 2014, 16:22

Hi,

yes, this is possible. But this will add a delay of about 7frames to your prg-out.
If this is not a proble, you can use it like this:

Camera --> Vision Mixer -> (prg. out) CasparCG Decklink/Bluefish input --> CasparCG Decklink/Bluefish output (prg. out)

Cheers
mcdikki
sublan.tv - Wir teilen Begeisterung
mcdikki

Postby drossel » 24 Feb 2014, 16:57

great! I've atem 1 m/e with only 4 sdi inputs on board and you really stop from buying another sdi-hdmi converter) thank you!
drossel

Postby mcdikki » 24 Feb 2014, 17:07

Yes, and an other good point of this setup is, that you can go with a cheap decklink card for the casparCG machine. A decklin duo or a miniMonitor+miniRecoder will do the job.

cheers
mcdikki
mcdikki

Postby didikunz » 24 Feb 2014, 18:15

mcdikki wrote:Hi,

yes, this is possible. But this will add a delay of about 7frames to your prg-out.
If this is not a proble, you can use it like this:

Camera --> Vision Mixer -> (prg. out) CasparCG Decklink/Bluefish input --> CasparCG Decklink/Bluefish output (prg. out)

Cheers
mcdikki

The delay does not appear, if you use a Decklink 4K (or extreme 3D) in internal keyer mode. Only if you input your video as a layer inside Caspars mixer.
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby mcdikki » 24 Feb 2014, 18:21

How would this work?

You input the prg-out ot the vision mixer to the 4k input, use casparCG with the 4k as comsumer of a channel and play your templates and clips on that channel?

Cheers mcdikki
mcdikki

Postby didikunz » 24 Feb 2014, 18:27

mcdikki wrote:You input the prg-out ot the vision mixer to the 4k input, use casparCG with the 4k as comsumer of a channel and play your templates and clips on that channel?

No, not as consumer, just as a simple output. There is a setting for internal keyer:

Grab.jpg
Internal keyer
Grab.jpg (89.38 KiB) Viewed 64821 times

The card feeds the SDI input straight trough (without delay) and keys the graphics on top. This works only with the 4K, with the 3D and (only in SD) with the Decklink SDI.

That's why I always say: Boy go buy you a 4K, because then you have all the options...
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby mcdikki » 24 Feb 2014, 18:30

didikunz wrote:...
No, not as consumer, just as a simple output.

Which is a consumer ;-)

Good to know.
Thanks for clarifying this. I did not know of this workflow.

Cheers
mcdikki
mcdikki

Postby umek » 24 Feb 2014, 18:34

There is 1 frame of delay when using internal key
Broadcast Live streaming | Video production
www.agatin.hr
umek

Postby didikunz » 24 Feb 2014, 18:39

You are both right, I meant not a producer and 1 frame is acceptable, I never needed to try it, because the keyers in the vision mixers always worked :)
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby mcdikki » 24 Feb 2014, 18:49

Yes, and I prefer to have some control over whether I have the key activated or not. So, the person controlling the casparCG server will have the control.

But for cheap and simple workflows, this is a good option. And 1 frame of delay is kind of standard in digital video.
You won't find a system without delay ;-)

cheers
mcdikki
mcdikki

Postby drossel » 25 Feb 2014, 17:33

so, I have decklink 4k which is getting the signal from atem. And if I want to key the second video on this (like a time on the scoreboard) i need to have another decklink device for caspar? Will decklink mini recorder do the job?
drossel

Postby didikunz » 25 Feb 2014, 17:50

drossel wrote:so, I have decklink 4k which is getting the signal from atem. And if I want to key the second video on this (like a time on the scoreboard) i need to have another decklink device for caspar? Will decklink mini recorder do the job?

You want to do a picture in picture effect, right? Then it depends on the model of your ATEM. Some of them have DVE's inside, that gives you a PIP effect inside your vision mixer. If you need to do it in Caspar, a mini recorder will do. But be aware of 7 frames delay, you will either need to feed audio trough Caspar or delay it with an audio delay device.
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby drossel » 25 Feb 2014, 17:57

thank you! not exactly just PIP. Atem can do it in very frustrating way. i need to put time video in the graphic shell. that is the way I gonna use caspar. Basically I can use atem USB 3.0 as input on caspar machine. I just need to change caspar XML file. But I never did it and this is too complicated for me..
drossel

Postby mcdikki » 25 Feb 2014, 18:01

No, with the 4k, you can use casparCG at the end of your workflow as explained. No need for an extra input.
There are 3 general workflows possible with casparCG and video inputs:

1. The normal way with separate key+fill (needs one decklink 4k and one other sdi input):
SDI Input --> casparCG --> SDI outup via Decklink 4k as 2xSDI (1x FILL, 1x KEY) --> Vision Mixer
=> The vision mixer will composite the input from casparCG onto a background itself with the key and fill signal from casparCG

2. CasparCG as Keyer (needs 2x SDI cards, one for input, one for output):
SDI Input (prg.out of a mixer or a cam) --> CasparCG --> SDI Output
=> CasparCG plays and overlays everthing and only provides a new prg-out. This will add ~7frames of delay for processing.

3. CasparCG with Decklink 4k as keyer (Only the 4k Card is needed):
SDI Input to 4k Input (prg out or cam...) --> CasparCG --> SDI output of 4k card (prg out)
=> CasparCG plays all the overlays, the compostiting is done by the hardware keyer of the decklink 4k card.
This add ~1frame of delay and only works with the decklink 4k and 3d extrem cards in hd and decklink studio in sd)

Cheers
mcdikki
mcdikki

Postby didikunz » 25 Feb 2014, 18:04

drossel wrote:thank you! not exactly just PIP. Atem can do it in very frustrating way. i need to put time video in the graphic shell. that is the way I gonna use caspar. Basically I can use atem USB 3.0 as input on caspar machine. I just need to change caspar XML file. But I never did it and this is too complicated for me..

I don't understand a word. You want to have a running time keyed into the video, or what? Can you post a picture of how it should look in the end?
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby drossel » 25 Feb 2014, 18:46

to mcdikki- thanks for the clarifying the things. But I need to put the cam on the graphics.
look we have graphics on the video. and we need to get the second cam with the time into the graphic shell. For the future I'll try to get this data sheet from the scoreboard in our sport palace and get the caspar managing this data. But it's not very easy

drossel

Postby mcdikki » 25 Feb 2014, 18:58

Just be sure I understand you:

You want to film the games clock and add the videostream as an input to overlay it over the second camera stream with the game like you do with the shown graphic?

Is this right?
So you need a typical PIP which you need an other decklink input for.

You would have a decklink 4k as output with fill and key which goes into your vision mixer and is used as DSK.
Then you have a decklink as input for the clocks video, which you would play on a channel and do all the scaling and cropping it. On an other layer, you can add the graphics as shown.

Is it that, what you want?

cheers
mcdikki
mcdikki

Postby drossel » 25 Feb 2014, 19:18

yap, that's all I want. Actually I was told to do it) decklink mini recorder as a second caspar input will do it for me.. thanks again!
drossel

Postby drossel » 26 Feb 2014, 15:11

and by the way, about controlling the person who's making the graphics.. Well,
mixer prg out to - caspar prg with graphics back to - mixer (one input) - via aux to stream or whatever
So, you can give prorgam to graphic-operator and watching that program with the graphics back in your multiviewer.&
That's just for saving one input in mixer
drossel

Postby Ivo Bastaard » 13 Mar 2014, 20:05

I work with Erik (see this post: viewtopic.php?f=0&t=1353&p=13474#p13474 ) on a livestream setup with CasparCG for an event. The ultimate setup we want is in the attachment (image) with this post. For this year we don't need the output to a big LED screen yet.

We have bought a Decklink 4K Extreme an tried to use it to use CasparCG as output and loop this on internal output to FMLE. Unfortunately the Decklink card can be used by one software at a time, so we made a mistake there. We thought we could do the trick using one 4K Extreme card, if we didn't need the big screen.

Can you tell us what we need to get everything to work? Do you have any comments on our diagram? The video switcher will be supplied on the event, and we don't need the output to the big screen yet.

Thank you for your answer.

Opzet-Livestream.png
Livestream setup we want
Opzet-Livestream.png (147.29 KiB) Viewed 64483 times
Ivo Bastaard

Postby didikunz » 13 Mar 2014, 22:21

Ivo Bastaard wrote:We have bought a Decklink 4K Extreme an tried to use it to use CasparCG as output and loop this on internal output to FMLE. Unfortunately the Decklink card can be used by one software at a time, so we made a mistake there. We thought we could do the trick using one 4K Extreme card, if we didn't need the big screen.

This part I do not understand. What do you want to play out from Caspar, in you schema you only have one output to the vision mixers "Media channel' whatever that is. What brand and type of mixer?

I would feed the LED Screen straight from the mixer, use a distributor like the Mini Converter SDI Distribution http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/miniconverters/models, if the mixer has not enough outputs. You probably will gain delay when you go via streaming PC.
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby Ivo Bastaard » 21 Mar 2014, 09:33

Didi, thanks for your answer. You're probably right about the LED screen. We don't know the brand/type of the mixer yet.

We want to use CasparCG to put an overlay (logo, titles, etc.) on live video from the event mainstage and then stream it to YouTube. When there is no live performance on stage, we want to use CasparCG as a video playout server (with overlays), also on the same stream to YouTube.
Ivo Bastaard

Postby Labmaster » 14 May 2014, 07:20

Hello,

the link to the table of "supported video cards" is not working anymore.

best regards,
Walter
Labmaster

Postby farhad.nematy » 22 May 2014, 10:27

is it possible to use multiple intensity pro cards in same system??
did anyone tried this??
can casparcg recognize and work with all of them??
nothing is impossible
farhad.nematy

Postby farhad.nematy » 29 May 2014, 17:15

another question: i have ultrastudio sdi
i can play clips on it but i can not input video from its inputs.
which input i should use?
nothing is impossible
farhad.nematy

Postby didikunz » 29 May 2014, 17:59

farhad.nematy wrote:another question: i have ultrastudio sdi
i can play clips on it but i can not input video from its inputs.
which input i should use?

It is, as always with legacy Blackmagic cards: You have only one channel. You can use it either as output or as input, but not both at the same time.
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby Jesper Stærkær » 29 May 2014, 18:07

4K cards support duplex: in/out on one card.
Jesper Stærkær
Jesper Stærkær

Postby didikunz » 29 May 2014, 20:13

jespers wrote:4K cards support duplex: in/out on one card.

...thats why I said "legacy cards"...
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby sayeed » 21 Jul 2014, 02:57

Hi jonas
the link to the table of "supported video cards" is not working anymore.editgrid.com shutdown permanently
Thanks
Sayeed
sayeed

Postby endast » 06 Oct 2014, 07:45

Hi
I used archive.org and recreated the "supported video cards" in a google spreadsheet. (Anyone can edit it)
http://bit.ly/CasparCGcards
hope it helps :)
endast

Postby didikunz » 06 Oct 2014, 08:44

endast wrote:Hi
I used archive.org and recreated the "supported video cards" in a google spreadsheet. (Anyone can edit it)
http://bit.ly/CasparCGcards
hope it helps :)

Very good, thank you!
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby TheYouth » 26 Oct 2014, 18:38

Is it possible with a Decklink 4K Extreme to have two channels visible in Caspar? It´s working fine for Key+Fill, but is there a way to use these SDI Outputs seperatly?
TheYouth

Postby didikunz » 26 Oct 2014, 21:12

TheYouth wrote:Is it possible with a Decklink 4K Extreme to have two channels visible in Caspar? It´s working fine for Key+Fill, but is there a way to use these SDI Outputs seperatly?

No, it has only one channel.
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby diegot » 29 Nov 2014, 21:10

I edited the google spreadsheet making the first row fixed for a better reading.
Because I think it's the most important information before buying any video card for CasparCG.

Thanks guys for CasparCG
diegot

Postby Goudia » 07 Feb 2015, 11:25

Hi all and thanks for all the work you've done. I am new on this forum. I have the casparmediaplayback working fine but can't have another video source get in from HDMI or SDI. I am using decklink studio 2 and have the caspar server and playback on the same machine. is it possible when pausing/stopping the playlist to have a video source coming in from the deckling card (HMDI in or SDI in)
Goudia

Postby didikunz » 07 Feb 2015, 11:38

I don't know is casparmediaplayback support live input, but if yes, you would need another Decklink card as input. Because your card can only be used as either input or output, but not both.
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby Goudia » 10 Feb 2015, 10:28

Didi thanks for your answer
Goudia

Postby Da_Elf » 10 Feb 2015, 20:53

the decklink recorder card is nice and cheap
Da_Elf

Postby prauze » 09 May 2015, 17:54

Hello,
There is new Declink card from BMD:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... s/W-DLK-26

Will it be work correctly with CasparCG?

Best regards,
Marcin
prauze

Postby didikunz » 09 May 2015, 18:43

prauze wrote:Hello,
There is new Declink card from BMD:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... s/W-DLK-26

Will it be work correctly with CasparCG?

Best regards,
Marcin

We don't know yet, because nobody tested it. But is should be ok. Will you post back, when you tried?
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby tsipas » 09 May 2015, 19:03

its very similar to duo except that has fan and 12g sdi
so I think it came with TWO independent output channels as DUO,
otherwise will be mention that is capable for fill+key(SD only) as Studio 4k
tsipas

Postby krzychuz » 19 May 2015, 19:19

Hello
Any (good) news about the new DeckLink 4K Pro? The description says it's
Ideal for both traditional 2D and high end 3D stereoscopic workflows

... so I think it should support synchronised key + fill, however it would be great to hear if somebody tested it.
krzychuz

Postby zbang » 23 May 2015, 23:08

Hello,

I'm in the "playing around with Caspar and it's clients" stage and I've been looking at the cheaper Blackmagic cards on ebay. From reading the supported cards spreadsheet, it looks like the 'mini-monitor" is not recommended. How about the Decklink SDI (US$130) or Decklink SDI 4k (US$240)? At the moment, I don't need sync'd key/fill outputs or even HD, just something that will give me a usable output for not too much cash. BlackMagic's web site is somewhat silent on which cards are supported by which drivers. The goal is to get at least SD-SDI with embedded audio. Could use HDMI but then I'd have to convert to SDI anyway. Thoughts on this?

Thanks,

z!
zbang

PreviousNext

Return to Tech and Development