It is currently 24 Jun 2017, 18:20

CasparCG-based MAV/EVS replacement [BETA]

CasparCG Server, Client and development

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

Re: CasparCG-based MAV/EVS replacement [BETA]

Postby TheYouth » 19 Feb 2015, 10:15

.... and using the fader for playback speed control ;-))
TheYouth

Postby Kibim » 19 Feb 2015, 17:57

TheYouth wrote:.... and using the fader for playback speed control ;-))

Yes, selectable to slide between 0x and 1x, or -1x and 1x
Kibim

Postby CEHMYPB » 20 Feb 2015, 14:50

I updated client and server today. Now OpenSloMo has a little different interface, some new interface elements and functions (as an example, playlist of saved slots). You may see the new elements in the main page and all the details are in the news: http://openslomo.ru/en/news/openslomo-0-7rc-and-casparcg-2-0-7m2.
And two words regarding Behringer CMD-PL1: I don't have any midi controlers to try to implement it. So, I don't see any other way but to continue developing client for my Contour Shuttle Pro.
CEHMYPB

Postby Kibim » 20 Feb 2015, 14:53

CEHMYPB wrote:I updated client and server today. Now OpenSloMo has a little different interface, some new interface elements and functions (as an example, playlist of saved slots). You may see the new elements in the main page and all the details are in the news: http://openslomo.ru/en/news/openslomo-0-7rc-and-casparcg-2-0-7m2.
And two words regarding Behringer CMD-PL1: I don't have any midi controlers to try to implement it. So, I don't see any other way but to continue developing client for my Contour Shuttle Pro.

I'm sure those of us interested could club together and buy you one to develop the software. I would send you mine, but the shipping will be more expensive than just buying one there!
Kibim

Postby stevespaw » 20 Feb 2015, 15:36

If you put a paypal Donate button on your site, I am sure we can get you what you need for this controller, and maybe more :-). BTW, This controller is cheaper than a Shuttle Pro. With the bonus of, once you had MIDI, it would be universal to whatever controller comes out next.

My 2 cents,
Thanks for your great work !!
stevespaw

Postby CEHMYPB » 20 Feb 2015, 19:17

stevespaw wrote:If you put a paypal Donate button on your site, I am sure we can get you what you need for this controller, and maybe more :-). BTW, This controller is cheaper than a Shuttle Pro. With the bonus of, once you had MIDI, it would be universal to whatever controller comes out next.

My 2 cents,

I've just added a Donate button. Let's see the results. I'll let you know if I have enough to buy and test the controller.
CEHMYPB

Postby TheYouth » 20 Feb 2015, 19:38

Can playback only be tested when a decklink Hardware is added? Can´t configure second Screen as Output?
Installed the LAV Filters, but nothing is shown on the right side? (maybe cause of missing decklink?)

Edit: Donated ;-)
TheYouth

Postby emisiona » 20 Feb 2015, 19:50

CEHMYPB wrote:
stevespaw wrote:If you put a paypal Donate button on your site, I am sure we can get you what you need for this controller, and maybe more :-). BTW, This controller is cheaper than a Shuttle Pro. With the bonus of, once you had MIDI, it would be universal to whatever controller comes out next.

My 2 cents,

I've just added a Donate button. Let's see the results. I'll let you know if I have enough to buy and test the controller.

Let's do it! Please take my little contribution :)
emisiona

Postby Kibim » 20 Feb 2015, 19:56

PayPal Confirmation number: 9P430883SY8616642

Let us know the running total, so we can see how much more you need.
Kibim

Postby CEHMYPB » 20 Feb 2015, 21:59

Running total is a bit less than $70. I need only about $10 (with fees included) to buy this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Behringer-CMD-P ... 339e0491c5
CEHMYPB

Postby TheYouth » 21 Feb 2015, 14:52

I'm sure You will find the 10$ in your own wallet ;-)
If the project is bigger, there will be more people who will donate.
TheYouth

Postby CEHMYPB » 23 Feb 2015, 10:20

Ok, thank you all, I've bought it! I plan to get it in the middle of March. So, let's think the best way to use it till that dates.
CEHMYPB

Postby TheYouth » 23 Feb 2015, 11:39

CEHMYPB, did you see my last question?

TheYouth wrote:Can playback only be tested when a decklink Hardware is added? Can´t configure second Screen as Output?
Installed the LAV Filters, but nothing is shown on the right side? (maybe cause of missing decklink?)
TheYouth

Postby Kibim » 23 Feb 2015, 13:29

CEHMYPB wrote:Ok, thank you all, I've bought it! I plan to get it in the middle of March. So, let's think the best way to use it till that dates.

I'll get you the button map we've been using so far that works quite well, although i'm sure there'll be input from other guys too. Will draw it up this evening.
Kibim

Postby umek » 23 Feb 2015, 13:33

Kibim wrote:
CEHMYPB wrote:Ok, thank you all, I've bought it! I plan to get it in the middle of March. So, let's think the best way to use it till that dates.

I'll get you the button map we've been using so far that works quite well, although i'm sure there'll be input from other guys too. Will draw it up this evening.

http://www.behringer.com/assets/CMD_PL-1_MAP.pdf
Broadcast Live streaming | Video production
www.agatin.hr
umek

Postby CEHMYPB » 23 Feb 2015, 16:15

TheYouth wrote:Can playback only be tested when a decklink Hardware is added? Can´t configure second Screen as Output? Installed the LAV Filters, but nothing is shown on the right side? (maybe cause of missing decklink?)

Players in the right side are shown independent of decklink devices. It may show video without any decklink device. Send me all the details of your setup via feedback form http://openslomo.ru/en/feedback, I'll answer you by mail.
CEHMYPB

Postby Kibim » 13 Mar 2015, 08:58

Morning

How is the progress on development with the Behringer Controller? Do you have it yet?
Kibim

Postby CEHMYPB » 13 Mar 2015, 19:21

Most probably I'll get it early on the next week.
CEHMYPB

Postby CEHMYPB » 07 Apr 2015, 12:48

For those who haven't seen yesterday news: beta version of OpenSloMo with MIDI support is reaady.
CEHMYPB

Postby Kibim » 07 Apr 2015, 12:55

Oh yes!! I'll be testing this out tonight! Thanks!
Kibim

Postby TheYouth » 08 Apr 2015, 14:17

Got it finally working with the new version.
I´m missing the following possibilties:
- Change Speed during playback
- Change Source while playback
Any Chance to get this?
TheYouth

Postby CEHMYPB » 08 Apr 2015, 21:30

TheYouth wrote:I´m missing the following possibilties:
- Change Speed during playback
- Change Source while playback

I plan to add ability to change Speed during playback in the next release. Source change is only in an ideas list for now.
CEHMYPB

Postby E2A Productions » 22 Apr 2015, 01:47

Can I use the first 3 inputs on a hyper deck quad as ins, and the the 4th output as the out? I have all 3 cameras capturing. But they won't play out... I can however see Anton's test footage on the output, just not my footage outputting... Thanks in advance.
E2A Productions

Postby didikunz » 22 Apr 2015, 06:15

Do you mean the Decklink Quad? If yes, you need to configure the output in casparcg.config
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
didikunz

Postby CEHMYPB » 22 Apr 2015, 10:27

E2A Productions wrote:Can I use the first 3 inputs on a hyper deck quad as ins, and the the 4th output as the out? I have all 3 cameras capturing. But they won't play out... I can however see Anton's test footage on the output, just not my footage outputting... Thanks in advance.

Hello!
Try this Caspar's config: http://openslomo.ru/files/casparcg3.config
Download it, rename to caspar.config, put to the Caspar's folder and set correct output device id to it's channel 5 -> consumers -> decklink -> device tag. It should be 1 or 4 in your case instead of 5, I think.
CEHMYPB

Postby thos-berlin » 06 May 2015, 10:43

Hello CEHMYPB,

I would like to test OpenSloMo in the next weeks. Because I am amateur, I have limitated PC ressources. Currently I use a "normal" CasparCG for playing graphics like lowerthirds or scorebugs.

I have the following questions:

Is it possible to use your server simultanous for slowmotion and "normal" CasparCG use ? (So I con continue working with one PC)

Can I set cue points from thirdparty software (e.g. my scoring client) ?
Can I jump to such a generated cue point triggert/controlled by an external software ?
thos-berlin

Postby CEHMYPB » 06 May 2015, 10:59

thos-berlin wrote:Is it possible to use your server simultanous for slowmotion and "normal" CasparCG use ? (So I con continue working with one PC)

Hello! Yes, it is. But you'll have to put files needed for flash templates from original server to modified if you wish to use it (at least all cg20.fth.* files).
thos-berlin wrote:Can I set cue points from thirdparty software (e.g. my scoring client) ?

If you are talking about setting start and end segment's points, then no. There is no method to manage OpenSloMo besides keybord, midi and mouse.
CEHMYPB

Postby thos-berlin » 06 May 2015, 13:16

Hi CEHMYPB,

thank you for the fast response.

1.) So I'll try to get the OpenSloMo server running with my templates.

2.) Yes, setting Start-Segments with a remark. My Idea is, to set them by an Sports-Scoring-Client. So every time, a team wins a point, a Start Segment is set (maybe wit a fixed preroll). So the Slomo operator can concentrate to mark special situations and playback, but must not care about "standard events" likes points. And he also can jump directly to labeled (!) events.
thos-berlin

Postby CEHMYPB » 16 May 2015, 18:28

New fixed version of OpenSloMo is available for downloading. It has CPU usage improvement and 59.94FPS support.
More details and results of my small research are in the news: http://openslomo.ru/en/news/openslomo-0-8b2.
CEHMYPB

Postby CEHMYPB » 22 May 2015, 15:18

New beautiful OpenSloMo 0.9B with an ability to change speed during playback is released! Welcome! :)
http://openslomo.ru/en/news/openslomo-09b
CEHMYPB

Postby emisiona » 22 May 2015, 23:11

That's awesome! I want to try it but first I have to build my server... I already have the midi controller, and by the way I like a lot how it's build (the beringer). Can't wait to try it!!
emisiona

Postby Jesper Stærkær » 25 May 2015, 23:40

How many changes is done to the CasparCG 2.0.x code base for OSM CasparCG to work?

A LOT of one-man-show-projects die within 12-18 months. This is such a valuable project, so I would HIGHLY recommend trying to merge the server side changes done in order to have SPEED integrated, and whatever other changes are done.

What are your thoughts on a pull request CEHMYPB?
Jesper Stærkær
Independent Consultant at SuperFly.tv
Jesper Stærkær

Postby CEHMYPB » 28 May 2015, 08:40

jespers wrote:How many changes is done to the CasparCG 2.0.x code base for OSM CasparCG to work?
What are your thoughts on a pull request CEHMYPB?

I'll pull it if developers plan to continue producing releases of CasparCG 2.0.x. I was told before that 2.0.7 was the last release in this branch.
CEHMYPB

Postby Jesper Stærkær » 28 May 2015, 08:56

No chance of pulling against 2.1?
Jesper Stærkær
Jesper Stærkær

Postby CEHMYPB » 28 May 2015, 09:03

jespers wrote:No chance of pulling against 2.1?

I haven't seen 2.1 and it's code, so I cannot give you an answer for sure now. I'll try to see it later in june.
CEHMYPB

Postby Jesper Stærkær » 28 May 2015, 09:06

Keep up the good work! Much appreciated.
Jesper Stærkær
Jesper Stærkær

Postby CEHMYPB » 01 Jun 2015, 11:49

Hello everyone!
I've received some positive mails from you after uploading OpenSlomo 0.9 with a lot of different questions and suggestions on it's improvement.
Earlier I wanted to just add an ability to change camera during playback in the 1.0 version and release it in my 30-th birthday in the end of June. But I've changed my mind. Now I want to change a lot in the program because 1.0 is the correct place to start the big modifications.
So, as I develope the program only for you now, I want to tell and discuss this changes before I start.

Here they are:
1. I want to change direct video file access of the program to the remote UDP-based streams from Caspar. This will
a) add an ability to use client and server on the separate PCs;
b) simplify the setup process for you;
c) give an ability to create the OpenSloMo versions for other operating systems and devices (maybe);
d) require some more CPU usage as Caspar will need to encode it's output windows into the streams;
e) this may even reduce system requirements as there will be no need to show output screens on Caspar server.

2. There is a good idea to use DSK to automatically playback the replays, but there is a problem that OpenSloMo uses the same output screen to show grid of live streams and playback replays. SO. I want to split it into two separate window: one for live and editing purposes and another one just to show ready replays.

3. As I told before, I want to combine functions of showing grid live views and editing screens into one screen that will be in charge for all showing and editing as it is done in most usual replay systems. So, there will be no grid of players in the OpenSloMo and another grid in Caspar's output window. The only left live and editing grid will be shown in OpenSloMo while it will take picture from Caspar by UDP.

4. I want to remove the elements to switch between record and playback and to choose 1 or 4 streams recording from the main window as there will be no need to switch to record. At the same time I want to move recording switcher to the settings dialog where you will choose the devices to ingest from.

So... As you can see, it will need a lot and lot of work and time, and I want to start it only if I'm sure my chosen way is better than an old one. I'm ready to hear your thoughts and suggestions.
CEHMYPB

Postby Kibim » 01 Jun 2015, 17:06

Hi Anton! Thanks for keeping this great project going.

As I mentioned to you in email, the necessity to view any video at all on the computer screens is only a luxury. In a multicamera sports environment, most of us will have many preview monitors and multiviewers existing in the environment already, so we can make use of the video outputs in SDI, without having to use the extra overheads of trying to re-encode those videos onto a computer screen. I know the Screen Consumer in Caspar is already quite processor intensive.

FYI, i my current setup is a decklink quad and decklink 4k. the quad feeds a routing switcher, which i can in turn feed to a 'quad split' monitor I have, so i can monitor all the inputs going to my decklink realtime via that monitor. Then the output card (decklink quad) is also fed into the router, which i can patch to any of the the other five 22" HD monitors i have in the same stack, at the vision control/VT desk in the truck. To view clips on the computer monitor is nice, as it can be used as a stand alone system in a different environment, but in a truck, it's not necessary.
Kibim

Postby CEHMYPB » 01 Jun 2015, 21:33

Hi Brendan!

First of all I don't plan to encode and send to OpenSloMo all the streams, it's not necessary. I plan to encode only 2 channels: program (with only replays playback) and preview (witch will hold ready grid or single input). So, there will be almost no difference between showing single or grid views.
But as the 5-th change I plan to add an ability to switch between grid or chosen single camera angle. It's not very hard to implement and it will fit both your preferable scenario and those who have to see multiview on screen.
CEHMYPB

Postby Kibim » 02 Jun 2015, 13:14

Sounds good!
Kibim

Postby Jesper Stærkær » 06 Jun 2015, 23:13

I'm still stressing that it is essential to try and open source, and merge, the server side changes needed to support slowmo playback to 2.1.
Jesper Stærkær
Jesper Stærkær

Postby didikunz » 07 Jun 2015, 01:12

jespers wrote:I'm still stressing that it is essential to try and open source, and merge, the server side changes needed to support slowmo playback to 2.1.

As I understand it uses the standart server and simply step trough the videos sending multiple AMCP comands.
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby Jesper Stærkær » 07 Jun 2015, 09:28

No, it has a Replay producer.
Jesper Stærkær
Jesper Stærkær

Postby yuskadeepak » 07 Jun 2015, 14:43

Hi ,
can this program record in a loop ? i would also like to make subclips from the loop every now and then ?

thanks
yuskadeepak

Postby sfahadshahzad » 16 Jun 2015, 10:56

Hi,

I would like to share an idea that if there is an option to Track, edit, create clips and highlights from the whole recordings using directors cut like EVS IPDirector.

Regards,

Fahad Shehzad
sfahadshahzad

Postby JStrauber » 16 Jun 2015, 16:05

CEHMYPB wrote:First of all I don't plan to encode and send to OpenSloMo all the streams, it's not necessary. I plan to encode only 2 channels: program (with only replays playback) and preview (witch will hold ready grid or single input). So, there will be almost no difference between showing single or grid views.

Personally i'd love to be able to have two output channels via Decklink. The system i'll be working with has a Decklink Quad and a Duo, so the quad would handle the four input channels, and the Duo the two output channels. That way I could do transitions downstream in the switcher between replays.

Still, this is AMAZING. Absolutely keep it up!
JStrauber

Postby LukasG » 16 Jun 2015, 20:50

Hi,
Does anybody has luck with open slomo with 3-4 1080@50i channels? I have 6core Ci7 3930K@ 4,1GHz and Quadro 2000K and i can record in realtime only 2 channels when screenconsumer is off...i have default config, just added 2 more channels.

In CasparCG i noticed 3 lines during recording:
Invalid option: -crf 20
Invalid option: -preset ultrafast
Invalid option: -tune fastdecode

What HW configuration do you use for 4channels?

Thanks
LukasG

Postby emisiona » 17 Jun 2015, 09:22

LukasG wrote:Hi,
Does anybody has luck with open slomo with 3-4 1080@50i channels?

I'm also interested in this topic. I'd like to know what system is best to use with the openslomo and what can be achieved. I thought the system LukasG described would be more than enough in order to work with 4 channel HD...
emisiona

Postby LukasG » 17 Jun 2015, 09:38

I am worried byt those invalid options...it look like casparCG switch to quality over performance and there is problem...
also
I noticed that just "have" 5 channels with decklink cards playing in them is 20-30% CPU usage and thats not even recording..and no consumers...without decklinks its 10%....i have solution for 3HD channels with MJPEG compression...you could seek anywhere with jog wheel...also those 3 channels you could seek up to 3600x real time at same time..and much more..and it was on simple "8 core" AMD buldozer on 3Ghz...unfortunatly its discontinued product :( ..but i will add RAM to system because i have only 4GB...and speed it up a little bit.
LukasG

Postby LukasG » 17 Jun 2015, 17:11

So,...after addning additional 8GB RAM and switched into dual channel performance increased that with 4 channels i have utilization around 80% and i am able to work with 4 channels...even play out during recording

but does it have interlaced mode? i am in 1080@50i but records are in progressive and also caspar plays them progressive.
LukasG

Postby GeraldLargaespada » 17 Jun 2015, 21:53

necesito de su ayuda, para corregir el interlineado en el momento de grabacion, con el codec ts, estoy grabando en formato ntsc, con una tarjeta black magic quad, tres entradas de video y una de salida.

I need your help to correct the interlaced at the time of recording, the ts codec, I'm recording in NTSC format, with a black magic Card Quad Three video inputs and one output
GeraldLargaespada

Postby CEHMYPB » 22 Jun 2015, 06:28

Hello everyone! Somewhy I haven't recieved the notifications from forum, so I've just seen all your posts..
Currently I'm finishing the last steps before uploading OpenSloMo version 1.0. It will have a lot of updates described before. I'll try to upload it in a week or so.

Now about your questions.
jespers wrote:I'm still stressing that it is essential to try and open source, and merge, the server side changes needed to support slowmo playback to 2.1.

I remember it :) Maybe I'll analyze the merging chances after this update.

yuskadeepak wrote: can this program record in a loop ? i would also like to make subclips from the loop every now and then ?

No. It can't record in a loop for now. But I can add this feature in a future updates if you'll explain your idea wider and there will be reason to add it.

sfahadshahzad wrote:I would like to share an idea that if there is an option to Track, edit, create clips and highlights from the whole recordings using directors cut like EVS IPDirector.

May you explain or show me any video with "directors cut"? Then I'll think about it.

JStrauber wrote:Personally i'd love to be able to have two output channels via Decklink.

Surely I can do this. But it seems to be more correct to use some Extreme card with internal keyer for this purpose. Or I'm wrong?

LukasG wrote:In CasparCG i noticed 3 lines during recording:
Invalid option: -crf 20
Invalid option: -preset ultrafast
Invalid option: -tune fastdecode

I wrote about it before. You may try to compare recording in OpenSloMo 0.7 and 0.9 to see that this options are working even with this warnings.

LukasG wrote:but does it have interlaced mode? i am in 1080@50i but records are in progressive and also caspar plays them progressive.

I don't have an experience of using interlaced videos, so I've just added yadif filter to playback such videos smoothly in Caspar when you set NTSC or @50i in OpenSloMo settings. If there is anyone who can share his experience in recording and playback of interlaced videos in Caspar, I'll listen and try to add it if there are some problems.
CEHMYPB

Postby LukasG » 22 Jun 2015, 10:10

Actually TS files are recorded correctly with interlaced properties....howewer playout is progressive (looks like 1 field is removed) is possible to configure that at least 1x speed would be played footage "as is" ? or handle every field separatly as frame? record in 50p is not an option as in 1080 live production is 50i only.
Or let us configure file consumer with parameters what would work better?
LukasG

Postby Helge Norberg » 22 Jun 2015, 14:13

CEHMYPB wrote:

I remember it :) Maybe I'll analyze the merging chances after this update.

Our point of view when it comes to the GPLv3 license which the CasparCG Server source code is released under is that it does not matter whether the modified code is mergeable or not. It should be made publicly available somehow. Otherwise it is a GPL violation.
Helge Norberg

Postby CEHMYPB » 22 Jun 2015, 20:36

Helge Norberg wrote:Our point of view when it comes to the GPLv3 license which the CasparCG Server source code is released under is that it does not matter whether the modified code is mergeable or not. It should be made publicly available somehow. Otherwise it is a GPL violation.

Glad to meet you too!
Do you really think this is a correct place and time to speak in this manner? Especially when I told that I planned to merge my changes? I don't think so.
CEHMYPB

Postby balte » 22 Jun 2015, 20:57

CEHMYPB wrote:Glad to meet you too!
Do you really think this is a correct place and time to speak in this manner? Especially when I told that I planned to merge my changes? I don't think so.

I don't understand your frustration.
He is merely explaining SVT's very understandable views on the licensing of CasparCG server and more importantly he is trying to say that you don't HAVE to merge anything for the software to be open source.

Also, I think that for the creators of CasparCg any time and place (and especially their own forum) is good enough. We would not have been here without Helge.
CasparCG enthusiast and broadcast geek - Sometimes, I do get payed for this stuff.
balte

Postby Robert Nagy » 22 Jun 2015, 21:33

CEHMYPB wrote:Do you really think this is a correct place and time to speak in this manner?

Yes.

CEHMYPB wrote:Especially when I told that I planned to merge my changes?

Which means that you haven't done it yet nor do we currently know if you ever will.

CEHMYPB wrote:I don't think so.

I think so.
CasparCG Integrator, Developer and Consultant
Former CasparCG Lead Developer
Feel free to contact me (ronag@live.com) if you need any CasparCG related support, development or other consulting.
Robert Nagy

Postby Peter Karlsson » 22 Jun 2015, 21:33

Robert Nagy wrote:
CEHMYPB wrote:Do you really think this is a correct place and time to speak in this manner?

Yes.

CEHMYPB wrote:Especially when I told that I planned to merge my changes?

Which means that you haven't done it yet nor do we currently know if you ever will.

CEHMYPB wrote:I don't think so.

I think so.

Great post!
Former CasparCG Client Lead Developer
Feel free to contact me if you need any CasparCG related support, development or other consulting.
Peter Karlsson

Postby didikunz » 22 Jun 2015, 23:00

Cool down boys! :)
Didi Kunz
didikunz

Postby CEHMYPB » 23 Jun 2015, 06:56

Ok, let's try to stop this polemic.
1. I discussed a lot of things with other developers when just uploaded my first modifications. And I made everything they told me. Moreover, I've discussed merging my changes with some of developers before but 2.0.7 stable was already released and there was no chance to merge it. So, I don't see any reason to be suspected in anything.
2. When I talk that I plan something, it means that I haven't done it yet. It's normal, isn't it? So, "Which means that you haven't done it yet" is needless to answer.

If anyone suspects me in anything - it's up to you. I don't plan to change your mind.
I gave you my word that I'll try to merge changes to 2.1 when I have enough time to make it the best way, and I don't understand what you try to achieve with all this posts. Do you want me to change my mind? I don't think so. That's why I don't think it is a place for all this posts.

If anyone can clean this thread, do it please, or it will die in this debate, while there were a lot of unanswered questions, unsolved problems and discussions before...
CEHMYPB

PreviousNext

Return to Tech and Development