Re: CasparCG-based MAV/EVS replacement [BETA]

jstar wrote:This software is already being used in production, but I am sure there are still plenty of bugs, so any help is appreciated.
4 warnings and 2 errors when tried to build it here:

Code: Select all

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State

Warning	CS0108	'MainWindow.Tag(string)' hides inherited member 'Control.Tag'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.	SlowMotionController	C:\Users\Graph1\Desktop\slow-motion-controller-master\SlowMotionController\MainWindow.cs	526	Active

Error	CS0122	'OscListener' is inaccessible due to its protection level	SlowMotionController	C:\Users\Graph1\Desktop\slow-motion-controller-master\SlowMotionController\Caspar\Server.cs	15	Active

Error	CS0122	'OscListener' is inaccessible due to its protection level	SlowMotionController	C:\Users\Graph1\Desktop\slow-motion-controller-master\SlowMotionController\Caspar\Server.cs	80	Active

Warning	CS0168	The variable 'aoore' is declared but never used	SlowMotionController	C:\Users\Graph1\Desktop\slow-motion-controller-master\SlowMotionController\Caspar\Server.cs	202	Active

Warning	CS0168	The variable 'e' is declared but never used	SlowMotionController	C:\Users\Graph1\Desktop\slow-motion-controller-master\SlowMotionController\AMCP\AmcpClient.cs	81	Active

Warning	CS0168	The variable 'tae' is declared but never used	SlowMotionController	C:\Users\Graph1\Desktop\slow-motion-controller-master\SlowMotionController\MainWindow.cs	499	Active

Good morning.

I happening something I had never happened. After recording several minutes the server gives an error and crashes.

I probdo different versions on different computers and different configurations.

Always I crash, I had never been attached the log.

Thank you.

I will need for my English.

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
Adress:65C30A37
Code:3221225477
Flag:0
Info:17A0BCD4
Continuing execution.
#######################
[2016-10-14 10:05:11.009] [1556] [fatal] #######################
UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
Adress:65C30A37
Info:148143F4
Continuing execution.
#######################
[2016-10-14 10:05:11.010] [5460] [fatal] #######################
UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
Adress:65C30A71
Info:1780E240
Continuing execution.
#######################

I will try to post MAV enabled server binaries based on 2.1b1 version in 2 days.

By the way, what do you think about submitting replay module to official binaries? Of course it will need some work, but I think, that some of you are using it in current state, so it may be beneficial. I think that version 2.1 will be out soon, so there will be good moment to submit it to daily builds for testing.

As always - any feedback, suggestions and bug reports regarding replay module are welcome.

Awesome project!

1 question. We have this project up and running. Recording goes well, only replaying at speed 1 is not at normal speed, it's much slower. No matter where the playhead is positioned before replaying.

What could be the cause of the speed 1 not matching normal speed?

We're recording at 1080i50 with a Decklink Duo setup and added a GeForce GTX950 for processing..
- Input is HD camera 1080i50.
- Output to a desktop monitor via SDI -> HDMI converter.
- Caspar config decklink input matches camera output.
- Build is the latest version available.

jstar wrote:Hello there,

From what I can see, there is a significant need for a replay client with available sources, so if anyone's interested, I have put up on GitHub my own Slow Motion Controller app. It's built in C# and currently supports: 3 Input channels and a single output channel. It uses the grid output as a multiviewer - in order for it to work, you need to place the contents of the "media" folder from the release binary into your CasparCG "media" folder. There are multiple keybindings for various actions (you can see a complete list here: https://github.com/jstarpl/slow-motion- ... -shortcuts). The package also contains a sample preset for Contour ShuttlePRO v2 (in/out points are left/right buttons, shuttle/scrub works as expected, top-bottom row is speed, top-top row is playback control, bottom-left buttons are up/down).

There is also a sample CasparCG config file in the GitHub repository main directory where you can find how the CasparCG should be configured.

The client records deckink inputs from cards 1-3, so make sure your PGM channel (channel 4) is set up with a decklink consumer at Decklink 4 or above.

This software is already being used in production, but I am sure there are still plenty of bugs, so any help is appreciated.

You can download the sourcecode at GitHub: https://github.com/jstarpl/slow-motion-controller, you will find the binaries here: https://github.com/jstarpl/slow-motion- ... r/releases
Im trying to get jstars client to work. I get the picture to to output but the list of events does not get the right in and outpoints. Any idea whats wrong?

How do I use and get OSC data when I am recording.

I am developoing in VB.NET in Windows-7 64bit, HP Z600 machine.

add 1 replay test-replay
I want to get the values of
start-timecode and recording-head
Normally during the playback of any channel I would use,

OscServer.RegisterMethod("/channel/" & chlNum & "/stage/layer/" & iLayer & "/file/frame")
How to get recording channel osc data?

mktsgm wrote:
27 Jul 2017, 17:57
I would like to have the osc syntax for the play channel <play-head> and <start-timecode> etc.
For Playhead

/channel/1/stage/layer/1/file/vframe
I could not find any osc data for start-timecode. But this can be used.

info 1-1
Which gives

201 INFO OK
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<layer>
   <auto_delta>null</auto_delta>
   <frame-number>4277</frame-number>
   <nb_frames>4294967295</nb_frames>
   <frames-left>4294963018</frames-left>
   <frame-age>93</frame-age>
   <producer>
      <type>replay-producer</type>
      <filename>D:/mav/media/test-replay.mav</filename>
      <play-head>2250</play-head>
      <start-timecode>20170728T161223.340028</start-timecode>
      <speed>0.5</speed>
      <width>720</width>
      <height>576</height>
      <progressive>true</progressive>
      <audio>false</audio>
      <fps>25</fps>
      <loop>false</loop>
      <frame-number>1640</frame-number>
      <nb-frames>4247</nb-frames>
      <file-frame-number>2250</file-frame-number>
      <file-nb-frames>4857</file-nb-frames>
   </producer>
   <background>
      <producer>
         <type>empty-producer</type>
      </producer>
   </background>
   <index>1</index>
</layer>

Hello.
I tried to use the module to create replays for 5 cameras and encountered the following problems:
1. Very large processor load when recording and simultaneously playing on the output channel (5 layers of video with a mixer transformation)
2. At SATA SSD Samsung 850 Pro does not have enough speed for simultaneous recording and playback, which causes СasparСG to segfault, because frames do not have time to write to the disk and when reading the exception throws https://github.com/krzyc/CasparCG-Serve ... s.cpp#L546, and in the producer_replay there is no check for the result https://github.com/krzyc/CasparCG-Serve ... r.cpp#L542. It is better to return a black frame in this situation.
3. When working with sound and SEEK in replay, a memory leak occurs and the process grows from 2 GB to 14 GB and ends with an error. Inserting "return frame;" and turning off sound processing in https://github.com/krzyc/CasparCG-Serve ... r.cpp#L445 solves this problem.
4. When you execute the SEEK command at once to several cameras, some of them freeze and cease to react to any commands.

I will experiment further, thank you for your efforts.