locally hosted HTML page as NDI source not showing up

Hi,

We are using CasparCG to send out an HTML page as an NDI source with a transparent background in order to use it for overlays on a stream. Unfortunately the page we need is not showing up though. Here are some details:

We are trying to view a locally hosted page (running on a nodejs/express server) as an NDI source, but the page is blank. We have tried http://localhost, 127.0.0.1, and editing the host file to use an alias url (testsite.com). Does the site need to be on a live server (not local) to work?

Would really appreciate any insight on this!! Thanks very much

Re: locally hosted HTML page as NDI source not showing up

What I am doing is adding an HTML Page source, selecting the local casparcg as the server (which is being sent out as an NDI source configured in the server frontend). I set the URL of the page as our localhost, etc. (as mentioned above) then click play in the playout menu.

I am capturing the NDI source in OBS as a way to test if there is transparency. Anytime I do this process with a normal website, it works completely fine and the site shows up in OBS as it should. However, with our locally hosted page nothing shows up.

Re: locally hosted HTML page as NDI source not showing up

cocoichiban wrote: What I am doing is adding an HTML Page source, selecting the local casparcg as the server (which is being sent out as an NDI source configured in the server frontend). I set the URL of the page as our localhost, etc. (as mentioned above) then click play in the playout menu.
The thing is, that it seems, that you do not play the HTML page inside Caspar, or that it does not display anything. So from what you write, we can not find out, what you do wrong. We are interessted, what you do, to make the page visible in Caspar. It does not matter, if you play Caspars output as NDI, SDI or just to the screen, as long as the HTML page stays blank you wil not see anything on either output.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests