Help with lower thirds

HI,
I need help with lower thirds.

How can I use lower thirds names from XML?
Music block is currently airing, more specifically, David Bowie's video. File is named "David Bowie - Space Oddity.mxf" and i have xml file "David Bowie - Space Oddity.xml"
XML looks like this
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><Metadata> <artist>David Bowie</artist> <song>Space Oddity</song> <album>David Bowie, 1969.</album> <genre>ROCK</genre>
I would like to use xml metadata as data in the lower third.
I have created Lower thirds in Flash with dynamic text fields, but I would like to call XML file as a reference for Artist's name and to play it without user intervention.
So I would like to start at the beginning of a song as well as on the end of it.

Re: Help with lower thirds

I deeply decline to accept that no one can help me.
Could someone please help me at least with auto triggering lower third?
I will manually write titles, but I need to automate lower thirds to start at the beginning and at the end of the song.
I want a template to be applied on every new file.

Thanks in advance

How are these videoclips be played? There needs to be some controler program for this. You need to find a way, that this controler tells you what clip is currently playing and then a little software can send the data for the lower third to Caspar.

So it is as usual: The more information about a case you could give, the better we can help. But please understand, that none uf us is very good at mind reading.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests

Thanks for Your replays, and sorry for the incomplete post.
I am using CasparCG Server 2.0.7 on HP Z450 (windows10)
CasparCG Client 2.0.8 on (OSX 10.10) //this is not mandatory we can use windows machine as well

We are music TV and playing only music videos on our channel.
Each video that we play must contain lower thirds with artist name and song title.
And that's all features that we need.

I don't see how can you achieve playing graphics at the beginning and at the end with standard CasparCG Client. You will have to write your own simplified version of playout client. Since you are not using that many features from CasparCG Client it shouldn't be that hard. Most challenging part would be calculating two timestamps when graphics should start to play based on the duration of the next clip that should be played. Then you just play the clip after the previous one finished, and delayed play two graphic templates on the layer above the video.

dlevicki wrote: Ok, let's summarize.
I am using CasparCG Client 2.0.8. and in this workflow, it's not possible to schedule lower thirds to be played over the video.
There is no way to avoid programming an application from scratch? :(
You see, the client 2.0.8 is not made for this kind of stuff. It is probably somehow possible to acceive what you want, but it's a hack and far away of a practical workflow, that you would want to use longer than a few days, as it will be involving a lot of callculations of delay times and a lot of manual typing in stuff. So it would not make much sense to not find a better solution. Plese check some of the clients mentioned here: https://casparcg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2042 As there could be one, that better fits your needes.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests