Flash dynamic Image Tutorial files down

Hi all,
I am trying to get dynamic images in my flash template but cant figure out where my problem is. I wanted to load the tutorial files to see how it was done there. The files are down and I couldnt find them anywhere else. Does somebody have a link for me? I feel like I am going in circles..

Thanks in advance
Jason

Re: Flash dynamic Image Tutorial files down

I have two questions regarding the flash file.

At what point is the as file linked? I cant find any linkage to it in the library and no actionscript import on any frame. I dont understand how the fla knows to import the as.

Is it possible to talk to layers from within the as file? I created a movieclip in the tutorial template and placed a UILoader in it. When I reference a wrong UILoader name I dont get an error.
for instance:
movieclip name = "movie1"
UILoader name = "Image3"
in the .as file I reference to movie1.Image3a.source without an error. If the UILoader is not within a Movieclip the error pops up.

Sorry for the questions. I am really trying to understand this. Google isnt really helping me.

loopdude wrote: At what point is the as file linked? I cant find any linkage to it in the library and no actionscript import on any frame. I dont understand how the fla knows to import the as.
That is also said in the tutorial, but probably not so clear. If you click the .fla file outside of the stage area, the properties for the whole thing appear. There is a textfield named "Class:" where you tell it the name of the .as file.
loopdude wrote: Is it possible to talk to layers from within the as file? I created a movieclip in the tutorial template and placed a UILoader in it. When I reference a wrong UILoader name I dont get an error.
for instance:
movieclip name = "movie1"
UILoader name = "Image3"
in the .as file I reference to movie1.Image3a.source without an error. If the UILoader is not within a Movieclip the error pops up.
You can NOT address layers, they are transparent to ActionScript, that means it does not matter on what layer an object is, it will always be referenced the same. But if you put anything inside a movieClip you need to reference it like nameOfMovieclip.nameOfObject If you name it wrong it sometimes don't give you a error at compile time, but it will simply not work and will show a runtime error at the Caspar consaole and the log file.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests

I have everything working so far thanks to Didi. Only problem I have is the update command in a c# program I am developing.

After adding with:
CG 1 add 30 mytemplates/SCORE 1 "<templateData><componentData id=\"count\"><data id=\"text\" value=\"0 - 0\"/></componentData></templateData>"

which works fine

I cant update with:
CG 1 update 30 mytemplates/SCORE 1 "<templateData><componentData id=\"count\"><data id=\"text\" value=\"2 - 2\"/></componentData></templateData>"

I have tried different things without success. Where am I going wrong on the update?

Thanks again!
Jason

There is no template name argument nor any auto-play in the UPDATE command. It should read:

Code: Select all

CG 1 update 30 "<templateData><componentData id=\"count\"><data id=\"text\" value=\"2 - 2\"/></componentData></templateData>"
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests