It is currently 23 May 2017, 04:12

Live RTMP Stream as source - Audio is out of sync

Help to specific problems with your setup, or discussing CasparCG bugs

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

Live RTMP Stream as source - Audio is out of sync

Postby SKL » 17 Mar 2017, 00:25

Hello all,

I'm trying to use the FFMPEG Producer to pull in a live RTMP stream as a channel input and I'm running into issues with audio-video synchronization.

When I use the basic PLAY command to begin playback of the stream (i.e. "PLAY 1-1 [rtmp-link]"), the audio is played out after the video. The sync offset between the audio and video has been between 1.5 and 10 seconds in my tests so far and changes seemingly at random every time I begin playback of the input stream. The only thing that is consistent is that the audio is always later than the video.

I've tried this in both 1080p25 and 720p50 modes, ensuring each time that the RTMP stream is being encoded in the same format.

The system I'm using is running Windows 10 and I've tried using CasparCG Server versions 2.0 and the 2.1 beta but the sync problem remains in both cases.

When I play back on-demand media files through the server the audio and video are in sync so the problem seems to be localized to live stream inputs.

I know that this situation is outside the intended use-case for CasparCG but if anyone has any tips on how to make this work I'd be hugely grateful.
SKL

Re: Live RTMP Stream as source - Audio is out of sync

Postby Pvdcruz » 01 Apr 2017, 15:10

SKL,

Robert Nagy wrote:
Simon wrote:Ok, why is it not possible?

Because it is not implemented. You might hack it to display the stream. But since audio/video is not synced based on time-stamps (CasparCG 2.0 assumes that video/audio is synced out from the source) it will likely be out of sync.

And apparently, I tried to restream it in ffmpeg to mpegts, and a hundred times more, and still no luck. But then, I have this little hack that might help you. I put up a webserver and embedded the video. play 1-1 [html] http://ip_address in casparcg and it is still running smoothly without any delay atm.
Pvdcruz

Re: Live RTMP Stream as source - Audio is out of sync

Postby baoqngo » 15 May 2017, 21:21

I was able to fixed audio sync by using HLS stream instead
baoqngo

Return to Help & Support