It is currently 28 Jun 2017, 20:12

Client shows wrong length

Help to specific problems with your setup, or discussing CasparCG bugs

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

Client shows wrong length

Postby techyjames » 10 Mar 2017, 23:17

Hello, as you can see from the image here most videos are showing the correct duration, which is perfect, but two, as circled, are not. They are about 1min in length but for some reason this isn't being interpreted quite right by the client.

I don't have access to the videos right now to check what might be different about them, but I wondered if anyone is come across this before that could help please?

Technical helper at KTV
techyjames

Re: Client shows wrong length

Postby String_Theorist » 12 Mar 2017, 09:26

Sorry, I can't help. . . But I would like to know how you are able to display the timer like you have in the screenshot . . . I don't see any option to configure that. I have tried it on the Linux and OSX version. But not Windows. Is it perhaps a Windows only feature?

Thanks
String_Theorist

Re: Client shows wrong length

Postby techyjames » 23 Mar 2017, 02:26

Hello, I'm sorry to say I really don't know - it just appeared one day, I'm assuming it's a plugin but I have no memory of installing it.

Just an FYI for anyone that comes across this thread - I found the files showing with bad durations were 23fps and 29fps, I assume this is what caused the issue as the Caspar Server is setup for 25fps. I will submit this as a bug though as it seems like it should still be able to calculate the times but warn that it's not the same framerate as the output.

James.
Technical helper at KTV
techyjames

Return to Help & Support