It is currently 29 Mar 2017, 18:04

No Video Countdown on Caspar CG Client

Help to specific problems with your setup, or discussing CasparCG bugs

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

No Video Countdown on Caspar CG Client

Postby techyjames » 03 Mar 2017, 14:55

Hello.

Firstly I've spent a while searching for this answer, but it's made tricky with a lot of questions about countdowns for output rather than displayed in the client.

So here's my issue I'm hoping someone can help me with; Using the Caspar CG Client 2.0.8 on my laptop with the Caspar CG Server 2.0.7 running locally (on the same laptop) when I play a video that comes with the server download it gives me a very useful countdown in the client, which is very useful.

But when it comes to playing this on my live production system it doesn't give me a countdown (this setup uses the same server and client versions, but the client is not run locally to the server, but it is on the same LAN (I think it's even on the same switch!).

I can't work out what would be stopping this functionality, any help would be very welcomed.

Thanks, James.
Technical helper at KTV
techyjames

Re: No Video Countdown on Caspar CG Client

Postby mcdikki » 03 Mar 2017, 15:38

Hi James,

the countdown is based on the OSC messages sent by the CCG server. So it's most probably that they are not getting thru to your client.

Make sure the corresponding port is not blocked by the firewall. The port is set in the casparcg.config. Its UDP.
Also, the client needs to start a OSC server in order to get the infos. Usually it should do that out of the box and as you connect to the ccg server, all should be running. But you can also set it up yourself.

Add a new OSC listener in the servers config with the IP of you client and use a different port, then config your client to listen to OSC messages on this port.

I'm not familiar with the exact settings in the client, but it should not be too hard.

cheers
mcdikki
sublan.tv - Wir teilen Begeisterung
mcdikki

Re: No Video Countdown on Caspar CG Client

Postby techyjames » 10 Mar 2017, 22:42

You were spot on correct, Windows automatically blocked it on the client side, and as it was on a domain it didn't notify me. I've now un-blocked it and it works perfectly, thanks!

James.
Technical helper at KTV
techyjames

Return to Help & Support