Help to specific problems with your setup, or discussing CasparCG bugs

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

In Regards to Streaming

Postby jackreynolds » 23 Jan 2017, 01:19

So looking through the Wiki, I noticed that this is the syntax for streaming:
Code: Select all
<stream>
 <path>udp://localhost:5004</path>
 <args>-vcodec libx264 -tune zerolatency -preset ultrafast -crf 25 -format mpegts -vf scale=240:180</args>
</stream>

My application, using GStreamer, can accept from http, mms, rtsp.

Now I don't know much about streaming, but am I able to receive a stream from CasparCG to one of those protocols?

Thanks.
jackreynolds

Re: In Regards to Streaming

Postby philip888 » 24 Jan 2017, 09:31

I think you can try to open a VLC player , "File"->"Open Network Stream" and enter the following address in the URL

udp://@127.0.0.1:5004

if everything ok, you can see the video output right at the VLC player.
philip888

Postby jackreynolds » 20 Feb 2017, 21:35

If I wanted to broadcast a stream from VLC to the network and have CasparCG read that feed, would I use the HTML producer in CCG?
jackreynolds

Postby hreinnbeck » 20 Feb 2017, 22:54

Gstreamer can read UDP.

Caspar should be able to play UDP for example - but it has *no* methods to survive even the tiniest error in the stream.

A simple:

should suffice to receive an UDP stream.

You can also look at https://github.com/MeditProfi - they've implemented mplayer for stream input into Caspar (instead of ffmpeg) and have done some work on resilience to stream errors.
hreinnbeck

Postby jackreynolds » 21 Feb 2017, 16:06

In essence here is what we need to accomplish:

I have an application pulling in a decklink feed and tracking it, placing some layers on it for augmented reality. I need to get that feed to Caspar in some way. If it is through capturing a PC screen as an input, or through DirectShow, we just need to get its feed in. From there we can continue down the chain for processing the image, but we cannot work without getting the feed from the application into Caspar. Looking here at options: VLC is having major issues pushing my screen into Caspar, even at localhost. SplitCam does not seem to cooperate with us at all, so that is out for now. Is it possible to possibly grab a DirectShow input from the application? I do not know what criteria an application must have in order for it to have this capability.

Thank you
jackreynolds

Return to Help & Support