It is currently 25 Mar 2017, 02:44

Flash template plays smoothly 2nd time round - but not 1st

Help to specific problems with your setup, or discussing CasparCG bugs

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

Flash template plays smoothly 2nd time round - but not 1st

Postby stephenmontgomery » 18 Nov 2016, 23:26

Hi

I have a short 5 second flash template that is a full-screen score board. It is based on a PNG sequence with 2 dynamic text fields. It is 100mb in size and plays jerky. However, I accidently didn't put a Stop command on the last frame and notice that as it loops, it the plays smoothly all subsequent times. I have checked in the diagnostics window of the server and the usage is considerably reduced as it loops. How do I get it to 'load' the clip so that it plays smoothly first time around? I have tried the "Load" [F3] and then "Play" [F2] on the Caspar CG client but this doesn't seem to do anything.

Many thanks

Stephen
stephenmontgomery

Re: Flash template plays smoothly 2nd time round - but not 1

Postby didikunz » 19 Nov 2016, 06:33

I think, that this is not so easy. It's the way Flash works, it caches what it already has played. Calling LOAD only initializes everything inside the template, setting dynamic data etc.

What you can try is reduce the size of the frames by reduceing it to only the area, that is needed. Normally a scoreboard does not fill the whole picture area, but has a lot of transparent space. By cutting this off, your frames will be much smaller. You than import them into a MovieClip instrad of the main timeline. Puosition the MovieClip, where it needs to be. It can also have action frames inside, the same way as the main timeline.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
didikunz

Return to Help & Support