It is currently 27 Jun 2017, 04:43

Streaming works, some clips drop much frames??

Help to specific problems with your setup, or discussing CasparCG bugs

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

Streaming works, some clips drop much frames??

Postby ZiXXiV » 04 Jun 2015, 15:37

Hello There,

I've been messing with CasparCG for a couple weeks now, but I got one problem which I can't get solved. I normally mess with it myself untill it works, but this time I can't figure out whats wrong.

The streaming goes well by adding a stream to CasparCG -> Wowza:
Code: Select all
ADD 1 STREAM <myRTMPLink> -f flv -vcodec libx264 -acodec aac -ar 48000 -strict -2 -b:v 1500k -ac 2 -b:a 192k -level 4.0 -vf "format=yuv420p"

Works perfectly when running H.264 clips. Only some clips at certain points, it drops/freezes a bit at frames, with as result, the stream going to buffer because Wowza sends the smooth frames after eachother and reaches the point where the actual 'CasparCG' stream is. Then its going to buffer on the stream because the stream is going faster than the frames that freeze on the CasparCG preview.

I used 'MediaInfo' to check differences between a couple files which are running perfectly, encoded the 'bad' clip to the exact same codecs and formats, but the result at dropping frames keep being there. While running the clip in VLC is perfect (just nonstream / lossless)

When removing the stream, the clip is doing fine. I just don't know whats going on. The CPU doesn't hit 50% when playing, neither does the GPU.

Tried it on a different PC with higher specs (using i7 4790k, 16G ram + GTX970), but I'm experiencing the exact same drops at the exact same moments in 'SOME' clips. (using same codecs, formats etc).

Now.. The real question is.. Has anyone experienced this or knows what's going on? I can't think of anything else. I even unhooked the monitor's, trying to see if that helped. Nope.

Thanks for reading my story, and hope we can get it solved.

Image to 2 clips. 1 is fine, second is the dropping frames clip
http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads8/557063 ... sparcg.png
ZiXXiV

Re: Streaming works, some clips drop much frames??

Postby Theo » 25 Apr 2017, 13:24

how do you send autification?
Do you embed this in the wowza link?
Regards,
Theo Kooijmans
UniversalDV
Theo

Re: Streaming works, some clips drop much frames??

Postby balte » 26 Apr 2017, 07:24

from your post, I gather you are 1) dropping frames while playing back a previously encoded media and 2) dropping frames while encoding an rtmp stream.

dropped frames in a producer typically shouldn't affect consumers due to the architecture of CasparCG. Please try to continuously loop a testclip that is provided with CasparCG for a longer amount of time and see if you are still missing frames. If so, this is a system fault: e.g. an antivirus clogging up the system or an SSD trim operation.

it is unlikely that after reencoding with ffmpeg there would still be an encoding error in the file. (nb that does not mean you won't have visual artifacts)

p.s. testing with VLC is useless because it is less error prone than CasparCG. If you want to test outside CasparCG, you should always use ffmpeg.
CasparCG enthusiast and broadcast geek - Sometimes, I do get payed for this stuff.
balte

Return to Help & Support